Author Topic: Secureline: I Can't Watch Any of Amazon Prime's Instant Streaming Videos!  (Read 26035 times)

REDACTED

Re: Secureline: I Can't Watch Any of Amazon Prime's Instant Streaming Videos!
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 04:42:42 PM »
Hello Davidek, thank you for your reply and clarification.  Apologies for my late response.    Answers to your post below.

.........If I understand correctly you are based in Australia, connecting to the London location (to appear as if you are in the UK) and then trying to access content on Amazon Prime, which is not working.  Is that right? In this case you are right, it doesn't make sense to try any of the other locations.

You are correct on most of the above.  Except I am not in Australia but traveling through SE Asia. 

...........It appears from the message you are getting that Amazon is able to determine you are not actually in the UK or that you are using a VPN.  Content providers are becoming more adept at identifying VPN use as a way to circumvent geo restrictions on content.

Damn those content providers!   :P

..........Could you please try one thing?  Please connect to London and then go to the website whatismyip.com -- It will show not only your IP address but also where it thinks you are located.  Please post here the location that this site thinks you are in.

This is what hidemyip.com said -

Your IP Address Is:
City:   Stockton-on-Tees
State:   England
ISP:   AVAST Software s.r.o.

Thank you so much for your help with this, I do appreciate it.   Tracey

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2016, 12:50:48 PM »
Hi ausTracey,

Thanks very much for the info.  Unfortunately I will suggest we go ahead with the refund.  Your IP is clearly showing you are in the UK so SecureLine is doing what it should do.  However, Amazon is still able to identify that you are likely not there or using a VPN and blocking the content.  I don't think we will be able to solve that.

Sincere thanks for your patience and cooperation with this and also sincere apologies that we were not able to deliver the solution you expected.

Davidek

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2016, 12:55:19 PM »
Hi ausTracey,

Quick follow up, we've just issued the refund.  It can take a couple days to be processed by the banks but be sure it's in process.

Thanks,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 07:15:08 PM »
Hi Davidek,

Does the refund approach mean that there is no imminent alteration / patch / fix by Avast that will enable the use of Amazon Prime and we should start looking at alternative VPNs?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 07:59:11 PM »
There is nothing to fix/patch for avast as nothing is broken.

It is Amazon that is blocking things and only they can change that.
Other VPN's are also blocked.

If you can find a VPN that isn't, you are lucky.
But they can (and likely will) block you anyway if you don't provide geo-location information or provide information showing that you are not ik the UK.

REDACTED

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2016, 08:41:25 AM »
Hi Davidek,

Thank you very much for looking into that for me, I do appreciate it.  I am sorry that Amazon has figured out how to block AVAST (or whatever the technical language for it is) but I do appreciate the refund.

Thanks again for your time and your help.
Tracey