Author Topic: Full system scan and Quick Scan fail to launch on schedule  (Read 1986 times)

REDACTED

Full system scan and Quick Scan fail to launch on schedule
« on: November 02, 2016, 12:20:42 PM »
Why could this happen?

REDACTED

Re: Full system scan and Quick Scan fail to launch on schedule
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 04:55:07 PM »
Just because I can assume what will be the first question I'll be asked, see below the screenshot which shows that the Full Scan is supposed to run on 2 day of each month (today is 2 Nov)

Also when I go Scan history it doesn't have there a record for the Full scan committed on Nov, 2

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 05:38:01 PM »
Just because I can assume what will be the first question I'll be asked, see below the screenshot which shows that the Full Scan is supposed to run on 2 day of each month (today is 2 Nov)

Also when I go Scan history it doesn't have there a record for the Full scan committed on Nov, 2

I suspect that you may well be getting caught up in the change of time at the end of October. How that might impact on current scheduled times I don't know.

That said it should have occurred and now be in sync. Or it may be an issue of bringing windows out of sleep, which if I remember correctly has been mentioned in the forums before.

You could try changing the time to 02:00 and see if that makes any difference.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 08:21:50 PM »
If it's related to bringing windows out of sleep, would you please share the link for the discussion that followed with this regard, so I could browse and acquaint myself a little deeper on the on-going development?

I can confirm there is no problem with launching when computer is not in the sleep
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:34:30 PM by jbionic2010 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 08:51:51 PM »
I don't have a specific link, I can as I said I recall seeing something in the forums relating to bringing windows out of sleep to do the scan.

The problem is there are different levels of Standby, Sleep or Hibernation.

I believe the deepest level would be Hibernation. I don't use win10 so I'm not familiar with its standby settings. But on this system I don't allow it to go into standby, I just turn off the monitor after a time and hard disks after 15mins.

I used to do a scheduled scan and I never had any issue of it running, other than the change to British Daylight Savings Time. That said with an on-access, resident AV on-demand scans are much depreciated as active files are going to be scanned by the on-access scanner. So much of an on-demand scan is going to scan inert or dormant files and duplicate scans on any active files.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 08:53:25 PM »
On Windows 10, make sure fast-boot is disabled.
Don't use standby, hibernation and such but properly shut-down the system.