Author Topic: Beta version released - 12.4.2281  (Read 93723 times)

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Beta version released - 12.4.2281
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 05:03:10 PM »
Hello,
CyberCapture is not limited only to Avast's own web browser (SafeZone browser).

Milos

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 05:05:01 PM »
Hello,
CyberCapture is not limited only to Avast's own web browser (SafeZone browser).

Milos
Any improvment on that(CyberCapture)?
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 05:45:44 PM »
Yes, Web Shield is buggy, broke the IPB Release Notes page for me until reloading it.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Patrick2

• Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 08:08:55 PM »
So far Feedback is positive here, only got it installed currently on my 3rd PC, Windows 7 SP1 32bit Desktop,  Liking the new interface, liking the modules, Modules installed File Shield, Mail Shield, Webshield, Wifi Inspector and Software Defender

No issues to speak of as well, Interface a little slow to open on that system, but might be the system itself, If it's safe enough to test on most used machine, might add it to this one in a day or two, Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 14393.351.

Currently on Acer Aspire Revo R1600 1.60ghz Intel Atom Single Core Processor, 1.5gb of ram, Intel Ion LE Desktop graphics and 160gb hard drive, 5400RPM

Still testing though, might see if I can get a small game into that system to test silent gaming mode, and if not just wait til I decide to test it on most used system possibly

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 18363.476, Intel I7 7700 Nvidia Geforce 1050 16gb DDR4, WD 250GBSSD, 1tb Storage, Avast Free 19.8.2393
HP Omen Laptop Intel I7 7700HQ, 8gb Of Ram Windows 10 Home x64 1909 18363.476 128GB SSD, 1tb Storage, Avast Free 19.8.2393

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 08:59:03 PM »
Same language bug that I've reported ages ago is still NOT fixed. If I select ENGLISH during installation, avast! interface still decides on its own that I want SLOVENIAN language. Then I have to change it on my own through settings. Why are we even bothering reporting stuff if it never gets fixed?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 09:04:27 PM »
Settings menu fonts are horrible to the max. They are blocky, compacted together and when they get highlighted when you select a certain menu on the left, the text becomes one blob of lines. It's awful.

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 09:07:54 PM »
Settings menu fonts are horrible to the max. They are blocky, compacted together and when they get highlighted when you select a certain menu on the left, the text becomes one blob of lines. It's awful.

The entire UI is a mess really to be honest......
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 09:17:25 PM »
This was actually my next thing I wanted to post after staring at it for a bit longer. Everything about new interface is bad.

- awful color scheme (purple, really?)
- huge interface with nothing going on in it
- awful fonts all over the "new" interface
- settings menus are the same as for the last 5? versions (and they aren't good at all)
- Protection statistics digged in totally wrong menu
- Why is Virus Chest still hidden in several submenus!?!?!?

I know you're not suppose to make a copy of competition, but have you guys seen Bitdefender or Kaspersky latest GUI ? avast! misses that compactness, consistency, being pleasant to the eyes.

Current stable avast! version kinda has that. This beta version just doesn't at all. GUI is upgraded, but the settings "behind" it are EXACTLY the same. I mean, open the settings and see for yourself. It's exactly the same cluttered mess as it was for last few years. Sorry, if you're doing a major update, do it properly. Not just transplant the face and leave everything behind it the same.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:23:41 PM by RejZoR »

Offline Patrick2

• Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 09:42:47 PM »
UI looks a little less cluttered in my opinion from current stable version, nice and clean, don't even see ad on the main gui screen now,  Performance/Gaming Mode will check out more as time allows,  Little slow opening the Gui on this test System though,  can't seem to find the feedback button in the Gui to actually submit feedback from Avast Gui itself.   

Account feature seems to be gone

Seems to have auto registered after clean install of Free version

Settings menu still same as old versions though/components area

Purple color not sure on really, at least it's darker than Orange and White of current stable ui, I kinda don't mind the darkness, as it matches my UI theme on the Windows 10 Systems, dark, though i'd prefer chooseable dark colors,  Default, then chooseable blue/black or Dark Orange/Black with a  little whiteness in menu area would work too in my eyes along those lines.     Overall didn't see many bugs yet at least on my monitor, and system I am testing on currently.   

One issue though with the Performance/Game Mode option Component, having it set for High Performance while gaming, won't that cause PC's or Laptops to overheat, say if your gaming for 3-5 hours straight.   I personally run in balance power setting mode most of the time, so dynamic range of the CPU can be done, unless i'm doing things wrong all this time, first 8 core processor, so kept it in balance just like my old Quad Core

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:52:13 PM by Patrick2 »
Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 18363.476, Intel I7 7700 Nvidia Geforce 1050 16gb DDR4, WD 250GBSSD, 1tb Storage, Avast Free 19.8.2393
HP Omen Laptop Intel I7 7700HQ, 8gb Of Ram Windows 10 Home x64 1909 18363.476 128GB SSD, 1tb Storage, Avast Free 19.8.2393

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 10:02:30 PM »
I have not tested this beta, but I liked the old GUI a lot.  Found it looked nice, was simple to use, easy to find what I was looking for, etc...

Without seeing it, outside of a few screen shots, the only thing I don't like about what I am hearing with the new GUI is they made it larger.

Offline czjohns

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »
- awful color scheme (purple, really?)
I actually like it :D
- huge interface with nothing going on in it
true
- awful fonts all over the "new" interface
not sure what do you mean - havent noticed anything like that
- settings menus are the same as for the last 5? versions (and they aren't good at all)
Avast's settings is terrible. I can't find anything there. So yeah, agree w that.
- Protection statistics digged in totally wrong menu
yup
- Why is Virus Chest still hidden in several submenus!?!?!?
Also - that. I had to google where it is few times in the past. That SHOULDN'T be a thing.
AVAST Internet Security - latest stable version / OS: Windows 10 Home 1607 (Anniversary Update)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 10:32:20 PM »
I really don't understand this grouping of features in side buttons. They just don't make any sense. They didn't make any sense in current stable build and it doesn't in this beta.

Is it so hard to separate things into 5 categories via side buttons:
- Status (basically current Home + Notifications, statistics etc)
- Real-time protection (all real time shields and its settings)
- On-Demand scans (all on demand scans, antivirus, software updater, WiFi)
- Other tools (Rescue Disk, cleanup tools and all the other non security related garbage)
- Virus Chest (for crying out loud, place the damn thing in plain sight, not dig it in some stupid unrelated on-demand scan submenu)

Instead, we have miles long side panel of the GUI that is empty and all the stuff is cluttered under 1 button. WHY!? I might not be the greatest when it comes to crafting fancy graphics, something avast! team is really good with, but they really have no clue how to organize GUI well. avast! 9 in a way almost had this and then the whole thing just spiraled out of control again. I just can't understand it unfortunately. Sure, primary antivirus task is protection, but humans are visual creatures and there should be A LOT more emphasis on visual appearance of avast! GUI than they do currently. It's very important.

EDIT:
The messed up awful font. I marked the worst offender, but the rest isn't any better. It's thin, hard to read, ClearType makes it even worse and these highlighted texts just merge letters into this unreadable mess.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:38:16 PM by RejZoR »

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2016, 11:09:38 PM »
Can anyone post a screenshot of the free version's new UI? Or is it the same as the pro/IS/premier version?

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2016, 02:07:28 AM »
Ok I installed the latest beta.  I have to say I like the old GUI more.  Especially the "Home" screen of the new GUI, looks way too barren.  They need to reduce the size if it is going to be that sparse/blank.

The other thing I noticed, and not sure if this is the case with the current program, but running speedtests at the below site gives me a ton of bufferbloat.  If I disable Avast, then I get very little bufferbloat.

dslreports.com/speedtest

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 04:40:45 AM »
so there won't be color difference between Free and paid versions and all will be dark.

Awful color scheme (purple not dark). :P
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast