Author Topic: Which is better Avast or AVG?  (Read 7264 times)

REDACTED

Which is better Avast or AVG?
« on: December 15, 2016, 06:28:49 PM »
This is so confusing!

Why does there need to be 2 versions of an Anti Virus from the same company?

So Which is better Avast or AVG?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Which is better Avast or AVG?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 06:32:07 PM »
Those who search shall find answer   ;)  >  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=194047.msg1353664#msg1353664

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 06:33:49 PM »
Why does there need to be 2 versions of an Anti Virus from the same company?
Why does a car manufacturers have different brands ?
e.g.
Volkswagen has  Audi, Seat, Škoda, Lamborghini, Porsche, Bentley, Bugatti en Ducati
Toyota has Lexus, Daihatsu, Scion and Hino Motors

So Which is better Avast or AVG?
Not possible to tell as the takeover of AVG is very recent and avast is in the process of merging things.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 06:36:48 PM by Eddy »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 07:08:16 PM »
Those who search shall find answer   ;)  >  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=194047.msg1353664#msg1353664

Thanks I will check out that link :)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 07:28:35 PM »
They'll have two separate interfaces, but they'll use identical protection features in both. They'll also share all signatures and stuff at one point.

As things stand now, AVG Antivirus BETA is superior to avast! on many levels, particularly because of Software Analyzer (behavior blocker). This thing is so badass I'm amazed over its efficiency every time I test it. I'll go back to avast! once they port all AVG features to it. Till then, I'll be testing the new AVG.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 09:46:58 PM »
They'll have two separate interfaces, but they'll use identical protection features in both. They'll also share all signatures and stuff at one point.

As things stand now, AVG Antivirus BETA is superior to avast! on many levels, particularly because of Software Analyzer (behavior blocker). This thing is so badass I'm amazed over its efficiency every time I test it. I'll go back to avast! once they port all AVG features to it. Till then, I'll be testing the new AVG.
Great! I'm moving to AVG Beta too.
The best things in life are free.

Offline cristianojgm

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 07:45:29 PM »
Next avast beta comes with Analyzer software?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 07:54:30 PM »
Next avast beta comes with Analyzer software?

If I understood avast! devs right, there won't be any new avast! beta till January. There will however be several AVG betas. A bit strange decision, but that's what they are running with. I guess they'll develop AVG first and then port all of it back to avast! (considering they ported signatures to AVG already, or Software Analyzer to avast! in an AVG skin, it's confusing...).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 09:12:32 PM »
If I understood avast! devs right, there won't be any new avast! beta till January. There will however be several AVG betas. A bit strange decision, but that's what they are running with. I guess they'll develop AVG first and then port all of it back to avast! (considering they ported signatures to AVG already, or Software Analyzer to avast! in an AVG skin, it's confusing...).
Indeed, there will be only one product in the future, near future. We need migration to the new version and there is way to go through it. AVG users have a longer way to go, so they start first. Seems the logical (and better) decision.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 01:45:47 AM »
Well, from the looks of it, AVG only shares Software Analyzer (Identity Protection) and interface with its original self. Everything else is based of avast!. Meaning they still have to merge all the detections and cloud infrastructure. Then, they can just slam avast!'s GUI on top of what they've designed. At least in theory.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 12:11:35 AM »
I could not see (or test) Software Analyzer (Identity Protection) in its power as you seem to have tested (and posted 2 YouTube videos), but my final perception is that migration to a consolidated product will be done in a very near future.