Author Topic: Update stuck on updating page even after update completed.  (Read 8687 times)

Offline Vanguard_LH

Update stuck on updating page even after update completed.
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:06:31 PM »
Product: Avast WiFi Finder 2.1.0
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Core Prime

Something has changed in the last few weeks.  Used to be that I would do an update, it would retrieve and apply, and the "updating" screen would disappear and I'd see a status screen that the update had completed.  Now the app gets stuck on the updating screen (the one with the circular progression image).  The update completed but the app still displays the updating screen.  If I click the back arrow nav button, it says the update completed.  So why won't the app move off the updating screen when the update has completed?

Sure would be nice to show what version is being proliferated at Google's Play Store to know if it is later than the currently installed version.  Since I couldn't tell what is the latest available version (at Google's Play Store or at Avast's own web site), I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it.  Turns out it was the same version as I already had.  I had cleared all data for the app before the uninstall.  After the install and after activating offline mode, the download completed and the updating screen disappeared to go back to the "Download successful" screen (yeah, with all the ads, too).  So the app got stuck on not moving off its updating page until I did a fresh install of the app again (same version).  Hopefully the app will continue to remember to move off the updating screen after the update has completed.