Author Topic: JS:ScriptIP-inf [Trj] Avast blocked infection while scanning with clamXav  (Read 5121 times)

REDACTED

While I was scanning with clamXav, avast popped up and said it had blocked two infections, which I deleted in the virus chest. The ClamXav scan didn't find anything and I then tried scanning the Library folder with clamXav again and then avast popped up again with the JS:ScriptIP-inf [Trj]. Below is the popup and the avast virus chest.

It looks kinda weird to me, can anyone tell me what to do and why it wasn't removed the first time?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 12:10:37 AM by yaniiii »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: JS:ScriptIP-inf [Trj] Avast blocked infection while scanning with clamXav
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 12:16:06 AM »
JS:ScriptIP-inf[Trj] is the detection of <script referring to page which avast blocks.

Maybe an Avast Team Member can say whether this is a genuine detection or a FP,
when considering the link tothe  page where it was reported by avast.

Here that kind of detection is also being discussed at Serverfault Stack Exchange:
https://serverfault.com/questions/tagged/anti-virus

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 12:22:40 AM »
Thank you for the reply. As I understand it, it didn't pop up because of a page I was on, but popped up when avast detected clamxav or something.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 01:23:53 AM »
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:29:22 AM by yaniiii »

Offline TED123

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 06:46:22 PM »
Running 2 AV's as above link talks about. This not an issue here because ClamAV is an on-demand scanner. It is perfectly fine to run an on-demand scanner with an on-access scanner as Avast for Mac is. What you found here was ClamAV "touched" the file or script and doing so Avast being a on-access scanner was scanning ClamAV scanning and had the definitions and caught it. Not a problem in my book. Same as scanning with Malwarebytes for Mac or Malwarebytes for PC Free version that is ONLY an on-demand scanner IF it is not in 14 day Premium DEMO mode.