Author Topic: Spywareno (Problem Solved)  (Read 15522 times)

justin1278

Re: Spywareno
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 02:15:00 AM »
Hello,

Spiritsongs I do not have active desktop. But I use the windows style tool that comes with Tune-Up utilities 2006, could this be the problem? Also I went out and purchased McAfee Antispyware 2006.

justin1278

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 03:04:55 AM »
Hello,

Here is a screenshot of what McAfee found.

justin1278

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 04:02:26 AM »
Hello,

Problem Fixed! I was right in the beginning it was indeed a false positive. I also found the program that was making the false positive. In the Styler utility in Tuneup Utilities 2006 you can change the way Microsoft Windows XP looks. I used it and changed the way Windows looks. When I went back to the original look of XP the Spywareno was gone. When I changed the way windows looked again using the Winstyler spywareno was back. So this is a false positive the Ad-Aware needs to fix.

Thanks everyone who was helping me with my little problem.

~Justin1278

melisa83

Re: Spywareno (Problem Solved)
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2006, 02:04:56 PM »
Hi Justin and the others..
I'm new at forum; actually I saw this topic while I was looking for a solution about my problem on Google; then I registered at the forum.

I have exactly the same problems as Justin had told. But I don't have "Tune-up Utilities" or sth like that.  and I don't agree the F/P idea or the problem is about Adaware. Because when I check this Registry Key via "regedit",  I can see that key is over there. After I remove it with Adaware or I manually delete the key from Regedit,  it refreshes itself and it appears again on Regedit.

This problem doesn't seem on the Safe Mode, so that means this registry key refreshes itself using one of the Windows Exe files which we don't see on Task manager during Safe Mode. Which are probably:

wuauclt.exe
wdfmgr.exe
alg.exe
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe(one of them)

I'm longing to hear all your opinions and advices. Thanks!!

justin1278

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2006, 03:54:04 PM »
Hello,

Please follow Spiritsongs advice on the previous page.

Good Luck,

~Justin1278

melisa83

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 01:29:52 AM »
Hello again.

Justin1278, I tried to change my Windows XP Theme, I choosed the Classical XP view. Then I ran a scan with Adaware, the reg key was gone.. And then I choosed  the theme before. Oops!! Active Desktop has gone  :( :(  It says HTML is missing and my desktop seems as an inside view of a folder; not like a desktop. I tried to make a picture as Desktop image, but it doesn't help...

Any solution??

mauserme

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 01:22:44 PM by mauserme »

melisa83

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 01:02:21 PM »
Hello again,

Yesterday I've tried so much to bring my desktop back, but I had failed. But when I started my computer this morning, my Desktop was here again.... I thought all problems have gone, but when I ran a scan with Adaware, that key was there again. So when we use active desktop, it appears. If this is really False positive, then should I ignore the scan results from now on?

(Mauserme, thanks by the way.)

mauserme

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 01:24:53 PM »
Hi melisa,

If you've scanned with Spybot S&D and Ewido and they find nothing then just keeping a watchful eye on your pc seems like the only option for now.  A registry key with no other sign of infection is, I think, not reason for serious concern.  If you start getting the pop ups or other symptoms then more action is needed.

Maybe others will have additional insight ...

mauserme

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 01:49:10 PM »
AdAware has released an update.  See if scanning with the new defs fixes anything.

Offline OrangeCrate

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2006, 02:26:52 PM »

False positive? Probably. Maybe Ad-Aware will catch it with the next update. I'm not going to worry about it for now.

New definitions from Ad-Aware this morning corrected the problem (at least on my machine).

mauserme

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 04:12:18 PM »
Thanks for the update.

melisa83

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 05:49:36 PM »
Yes, that update seems to work ;)  Regstr Key has gone. I hope it won't come back after reboot...

Thank u all !!!!!

CharleyO

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 08:00:17 PM »

Welcome to the forums, melisa83!    :)

It is good to know your problem has been solved.

Please come back often, learn more, and maybe help others.    :)

melisa83

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 12:07:47 AM »

Welcome to the forums, melisa83!    :)

It is good to know your problem has been solved.

Please come back often, learn more, and maybe help others.    :)

Sure, I will...!!! ;)

Thnx...