Author Topic: SecureLine VPN Auto Install?  (Read 32938 times)

Offline specimen9999

Re: SecureLine VPN Auto Install?
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »
The installer does *not* get all those tidbits. There were several leftovers (found by name) that I manually removed

Then can you please share the list of those files?

If you are referring to .plist files, these are innocuous and make no difference, and, like it or not, most uninstallers will not delete them.

Besides the plists, there were invisible items in assorted places ---- startup items, boot files, launch agents/daemons, possibly others (working from personal memory here)

Those ARE removed by the uninstaller.

PS: and obviously not removed if you just drag the app to the trash.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:02:36 PM by specimen9999 »

Offline Hans97

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2016, 11:33:42 AM »
avast is a reputable company.
They can't help it if users don't know things.

Avast was very reputable earlier, but now I'm getting tired of their sneaky behaviour. Unlike most others, I'm fully aware of what I'm doing on my computer, as a IT and Computer scientist.
Yesterday that sneaky crap sowftware "SecureLine VPN" sneaked into my computer as well. And I know how!
That damn Avast software made a popup, who nagged about it was time to update my Avast again. I have skipped it several times, but yesterday I thought, why not?
When done I noticed this new annoying Avast addon.
So that necessary update was not that necessary after all, as Avasts actual intention was to sneak in a new crap module, which I don't need! I don't use unsecure Wi-fi networks, and are not involved in any illegal activities! So completely useless! Also get some damn fake notice from Avast quite often, that my computer need some improvement, with registry and old software etc. That notice is not genuine, it's just random generated crap message to lure people into buying the license to use that crap module.

So you Eddy really need to get real, Avast is really abusing their users by acting this way.

I have recommended Avast to lots of customers, but that's gonna END now! Thank you very much Avast.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2016, 12:56:50 PM »
First of all you are posting in a thread that is dead for over a year.

Secondly, a VPN isn't about using (possibly) insecure WiFi networks, it is about data encryption, adding a extra security layer to your data traffic.

You're clearly not a IT/Computer scientist or you are a real lousy one.

Offline Hans97

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2016, 01:04:09 AM »
First of all you are posting in a thread that is dead for over a year.

Secondly, a VPN isn't about using (possibly) insecure WiFi networks, it is about data encryption, adding a extra security layer to your data traffic.

You're clearly not a IT/Computer scientist or you are a real lousy one.

Woah, thank you for that informative post. Yeah, I'm so lousy that I don't know how to protect my network. Or perhaps I've already have BETTER protection than Avast can offer? Thought about that?