Author Topic: Malware-gen [Trj] found in registry and password protected, avast can't move it  (Read 3437 times)

REDACTED

Avast found Malware-gen [Trj] found in the registry and this file is password protected.  Avast is unsuccessful at  fixing this,  moving it to chest, repairing it, or   deleting it.  it can't do anything with it.  So what do I do now to  remove this malware?

it is on a back up drive, in a user file for something called  dragon knight divinity saga pc game. 
[NOTE:  if this is a game file, then I don't need it on my back up drive at all. if that wil help with removing  the virus]   but I still don't know how to  go about this....and it is password protected, how do i get by that?

infection is on a desktop comp. using windows 7  and avast and Malwarebytes. 
 PS:   malwarebytes routinely does not find this particular malware, scan after scan.... very surprising!

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Need the logs; can not tell you how to fix anything without details.  Thanks.
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

REDACTED

Forgive this delay in replying back to all of you. I was hoping and expecting  this forum to send me a notice by email that replies had been posted ....but that didn't happen.  Simply placing a check mark at  notify me of replies,  should be sufficient?   or not?
Now to the  infection.  i will gladly post the report you want, if you tell me where to find it and specifically what it is called or titled.  I have found several  listings for Avast under  Program files.  but non  that  specifically say virus report or scan report.    attached is a screen print of just some  of the avast files I found.     So am i looking in the correct location for the files you request?   I have more screen prints I can post  that show scan results,  I can post them if you would like me to ?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:41:49 PM by flywelder »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
See reply #1
We need those log files.

REDACTED

I think I am beginning to understand what you  refer to as scan logs.   You really want 'scan results' from  Malware bytes and Farber and the other   anti malware programs....correct?

here are some from Malwarebytes.   others will follow., once I have them downloaded, installed and ran.

REDACTED

More scan results  that  may help....I hope.

REDACTED

asw  MBR  report  as of  12-01-2016

REDACTED

frst reports

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Why did you run ComboFix?
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE