Author Topic: WHY?  (Read 2045 times)

jan v hamburg

WHY?
« on: February 11, 2006, 08:13:17 PM »

PLEASE CAN YOU GIVE ME A ANSWER , EACH TIME WHEN I START MY PC THERE IS ON THE SCREEN A RED BLOCK ABOUT AVAST INFORMATION, IT SAYS THERE IS A FAULT DURING THE UPDATE .CONFIRMATION.
I USE THE LAST NEW HOME EDITION OF AVASTVIRUS.
I WORK UNDER WINDOWS 98 SE.
I CAN UPDATED BY HAND BUT NOT AUTOM:
WHAT CAN I DO,
IF YOU HAVE A ANSWER PLEASE SEND ME A MAIL.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 03:17:28 PM by jan v hamburg »

CharleyO

Re: WHY?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 10:15:50 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Jan !    :)

First of all, it is not a good idea to post your email address in a forum ... unless you like lots of spam email. Unfortunately, spammers check forum postings for such. You can modify your post (top right of your post) to delete your email address if you want.

OK ... check to see if avast is still set for atomatic updates. Right click the "a" ball on the task bar and then select Program Settings.

When the user interface opens, click on Update[Basic] in the left pane and make sure Automatic is selected in both Virus Database and Program sections. Once Automatic has been selected for both, click on OK.

If you do not click OK and let the user interface close, the settings will not be set and no change will take effect.

Now, re-open the user interface as you did above and click on Update [Connections] in the left pane. Here, you will have to choose the setting according to the internet connection you have. In either one, I have my proxy settings on Auto-detect but this may or may not work for you. Again click OK.

With these settings, you should be able to get automatic updates. If this does not work for you, please post again so we can take the next step.

I hope this helps you.    :)

jan v hamburg

Re: WHY?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 07:31:23 PM »
thank you for the information that you given me by mail.
i have done the things you told me but still it not works.
exactly i send you the message that is coming on my screen in red.

there is a fault during actualization.click for more information.

after click:  the message is:   information about the update total time.......sec.

sorry when my english is not perfect