Author Topic: Avast pro subscription  (Read 1688 times)

REDACTED

Avast pro subscription
« on: November 18, 2016, 09:29:39 PM »
I signed up for the Pro of the antivirus program not realizing it didn't include what i was looking for, once i realized this i turned the auto renewal off using the browser on my phone. Closed avast and didn't think anything of it. I am unsure if i didn't cancel it correctly or what happened but i was charged anyway, and i didn't see the email about the trial ending due to the fact that my mother in law passed away recently and i was without my phone during the time that i got the email (the date of the 10th is when i got it, that was also her funeral). I was charged for the product when i don't even use the free version. I submitted a ticket but was wondering how long it might take to get a response or if i am even likely to get the refund that i need due to the circumstances.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast pro subscription
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 11:16:01 PM »
The tickets have been taking around two working days for a response recently.
If your subsequent renewal subscription was recent (within 30 days of the renewal), then I think you are probably OK.

When did you submit the ticket ?
What was the ticket ID number ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast pro subscription
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 12:13:11 AM »
Canceling/disabling the auto-renewal does not make the subscription stop.
The subscription will last for the time you have selected when getting it. (e.g. 1, 2 or 3 years)

Using avast or having it installed or not has no influence on the subscription.
It is like with magazines, you will have to pay for the subscription and it doesn't matter if you read the magazine or not.

As David said, if you have asked for a refund using the ticket system within 30 days after the subscription started avast will (and I have no doubt about it) give you the refund.
It doesn't matter what the reason for asking is, although telling avast (giving feedback) is ofcourse welcome and appreciated.

p.s.
Sorry to hear about your mother in law, I hope see had a good life and that everyone has nice memories about her.