Author Topic: Screensaver scan & Antivir  (Read 2379 times)

Bikeboy99

Screensaver scan & Antivir
« on: February 13, 2006, 03:38:27 AM »
Hi, just a few quick newbie questions.  1. How can I tell if the screensaver scanner is scanning... are there settings for the screensaver scanner or is the screensaver scanner only for the pro edition?      2.  Not that im going to do this, but does anyone know if Antivir and avast! would have compatibility issues if installed together? I know avast! has problems if norton antivirus is present. -Bikeboy

CharleyO

Re: Screensaver scan & Antivir
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 04:04:25 AM »

Welcome to the forums, Bikeboy99!    :)

If you select the avast screen saver as you would normally select a screen saver, it should work with no other adjustments. The screen saver also works in the Home edition of Avast. Once the avast screen saver is running, you will see a blue rectangular info box on the screen which will show the file names and number of files scanned. This blue info box will periodically move to another place on the screen during usage.

For more info on a test run I did today for another user, read the post at this link ...... http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=19317.0

I hope this helps you.    :)

mauserme

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 04:07:27 AM »
Hi Bikeboy99,

I believe prior versions of Antivir have been run successfully with avast! but version 7 is not compatible.

Bikeboy99

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 04:15:11 AM »
Thanks a lot for the quick answers! you guys answered all of my questions. Thanks.

- happy to be using avast,
Bikeboy99