Author Topic: Stand-by problems...  (Read 11243 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Stand-by problems...
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2003, 02:54:49 AM »
Only a personal opinion. I've always thought that a simple (but decorative  :) )skin something like a second task bar (runs above the existing, full length) would work well... but that is just my old age/idea  :'(

Very nice idea indeed! Craftec, could you handle it? Simple and functional  ;)
About your video drivers, why don´t you search for help in the manufacter's site? I have some trouble ago with my NVIDIA updates... Now I can stand-by or hibernate XP Pro with easy and security...  ;)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 03:11:25 AM »
Technical wrote:
Very nice idea indeed! Craftec, could you handle it? Simple and functional  
About your video drivers, why don´t you search for help in the manufacter's site? I have some trouble ago with my NVIDIA updates... Now I can stand-by or hibernate XP Pro with easy and security...  

Oh... I'm not gonna bother with skins anymore 'cause it looks like no one from Alwil responded to my questions, so I took it as "no one is interested in additional skins" project...

About video drivers... there is no topic about "return form Windows XP Stand-by state" on manufacturer's site. It seems like no one knows yet about that issue... that's way I asked: "...does anyone knows where can I report that error in latest drivers ?"

Doesn't matter anymore, I rolled-back old drivers (not so old, from september) and they work wonderful. Why replace something that works just fine ? My Windows automatic update was active, so Windows gave me note I can update my display drivers through windows update... so I did it, but it wasn't quite good idea...

Now, everything is perfect, and I'm gonna leave it that way.

Regards !
« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 06:59:40 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2003, 08:46:41 PM »
Walking back to your Stand-by problems, does this forum could help you?
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2003, 10:40:49 PM »
No, no... I had no other problems after computer goes to standby state than display drivers problem... and that was before with new (problematic) drivers. I found some other people who complained to new display drivers too. My Cable connection works great, everything is great. I also, don't have any display drivers problem after returning from standby state any more... I use old drivers and everything works perfect... I'll leave it that way untill SiS republish new drivers without errors...