Author Topic: win32 VB-CD2 (wrm)  (Read 3199 times)

gablett

win32 VB-CD2 (wrm)
« on: February 22, 2006, 09:08:58 PM »
hi there

I am receiving the same email several times a day from the same sender, which Avast detects and advises that I delete, which I do

A few hours later the same email arrives and again Avast detects it, and we delete it

I can see it is Win32 VB-CD2 (wrm)

I have searched, but cant find a solution so that it doesnt keep re-occurring

what should I do please

PS I did run Avast Virus Cleaner

kindest thanks
peter

Spiritsongs

Re: win32 VB-CD2 (wrm)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 09:41:11 PM »
 :)  Hi Gablett :

Perhaps you should consider installing & using a program
     that "specializes" in detecting & removing worms, trojans,
     generic dialers, etc called "Ewido" from www.ewido.net/en.
     This assumes your OS is either Win 2000 or Win XP; there
     is a "tutorial" on this program at www.greyknight17.com/spy/Tutorials/ewidoQuickGuide.pdf .

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 09:53:50 PM »
Hi Gablett,

This is Kamasutra, read this thread here:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=19157.0
At the end one of our forum members gives a removal tool.

greets,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 10:29:50 PM »
I am receiving the same email several times a day from the same sender, which Avast detects and advises that I delete, which I do

A few hours later the same email arrives and again Avast detects it, and we delete it

I can see it is Win32 VB-CD2 (wrm)

I have searched, but cant find a solution so that it doesnt keep re-occurring
what should I do please
Well if it is coming in by email avast can only detect it and give the option to delete it, it can't stop it being sent and sent and sent. You could add the from email address to your blocked senders list but I doubt that would be helpful as 1) it is scanned before it gets to your email program and the email address is likely faked and likely to change.

There are anti-spam tools that check a small piece of each email and can delete it at server level, so it doesn't get to you to be scanned. I use MailWasher Pro, although it is primarily for Spam it is also easy to deal with suspicious emails, you can check for suspicious or infected emails and mark them for deletion. There is a free version, but this only works with a single email account. The Pro version works with multiple accounts.

You can search but you shouldn't find anything because the avast email scanner deletes it before it gets to your in-box so it shouldn't be on your HDD. So there shouldn't be anything else to do.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security