Author Topic: I lost or forgot my Avast Password that sets all passwords for browser use  (Read 6045 times)

REDACTED

Ok, here's my problem.  I have my "main password" to get into my Avast main program, but whenever I open up my browser, which I use the Avast Safe Zone browser, a popup window comes up asking for my "main password" that Avast saves for all passwords used in the browser for all my various websites that require passwords, i.e., Facebook, financial accounts, other websites with passwords for users, so I can't log into this popup window for Avast saved passwords.  There is no resetting on it to reset the password, there is no "I forgot my password" link in it to have a new password sent to my email, and nothing on this Avast website to tell me how to reset this Password Setting that saves all passwords for my use.  Is anyone out there that can help with this?  There is nothing I can do or find in the Avast Program file that will help me to reset this Avast Password setting that sets up to save all passwords I use in all the websites I log into.  Please help me with this.  Thanks.    :o    :-[   
[/i][/b]

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: I lost or forgot my Avast Password that sets all passwords for browser use
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 09:14:08 PM »
I have this problem as well. So there is no way to remove this program or rest it it and I am forever locked out of ALL my other log ins?

that seems a bit harsh.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »
Ofcourse you can remove avast passwords.

As for the logins, almost all sites have a way of retrieving and/or resetting your password.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 09:21:04 PM »
Not to mention having written backups

your computer may be stolen / house burn down / hdd crash ......

backup, backup, backup    ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 12:51:13 AM »
Ok, thanks. If I remove it can I reinstall it and start over with a new password......that I will WRITE DOWN somewhere so my old brain doesn't forget it again?

Thanks again!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 05:30:30 AM »
Ok, thanks. If I remove it can I reinstall it and start over with a new password......that I will WRITE DOWN somewhere so my old brain doesn't forget it again?
Sure.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 06:44:51 AM »
I tried uninstalling avast internet security twice with avast's uninstall tool and I cannot get a clean slate for passwords to let me start over from scratch.  Do I have to reinstall my OS to get a fresh start on avast passwords?
 :-\
If that's the case what is wrong with the uninstall tool avast has to remove it's products?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 06:54:44 AM »
Read your links and it looks like my situation hasn't changed.   I have the password written down and it worked for 2 sessions and then stopped working. I'll have to do without the avast passwords feature for the duration my OS is usable and give avast passwords a try again when a new OS is installed.   thanks for the help.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 06:56:22 AM »
Follow the link and post/ask there. ;)