Author Topic: Boot time scan  (Read 901 times)

REDACTED

Boot time scan
« on: November 23, 2016, 11:29:58 AM »
Tale and a half , ready ? Ran boot time scan as have done for many years , checked progress every so often but as usually  happens it completed whilst I was downstairs .Message on screen , " computer unable to start up " This was the start of hours trying to sort out with my very limited skills .As suggested , ran " start up repair " -- " cannot repair automatically .  " System restore failed due to unspecified error " Ran memory diagnostic tool .Message " hard disk drive failure " .BSOD which I could not read in the second it was on screen .Multitude of restarts with different options .Tried to log on here , not working till late at night .Ready to give up , scrap the desktop and go to bed , tried once more and it started .Said system restored to a older date .Then ran Malwarebytes which found IFEO HIJACK and quarantined , ran Avg system tune up . Tried this morning , seems fine . Went to log in to forum , cant do . Also unable to access any sections but home page , hence this is sent from laptop .I know it is and old desktop but loathe to replace it for new with Windows 10 .Only problem I have been having and trying to cure for weeks was Windows updates not installing . Sorry for the saga .