Author Topic: Can't access business account / reset password "This email does not exist...  (Read 4212 times)

Offline James Newton

We are PAYING for a business account under my bosses email address tw@ (our domain) .com. We consolidated a /personal/ account under my email jn@ (our domain) .com into the /business/ account under tw@ (our domain) .com. See ticket 113089 for more on that action.

However, we can NOT access this tw@ business account. Our requests for help on the prior ticket are simply being ignored (times many days)

When we try to reset the password we get the error messages shown in the attached screen shot: "Validation fault! Please try to use different values to complete the operation" and "This email does not exist in our system"

Offline James Newton

So today we finally get a response on the ticket:

From: Avast for Business - Support [mailto:support@avastforbusiness.zendesk.com]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2016 1:38 PM
To: James Newton
Subject: [Avast for Business] Re: Chat with James Newton

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (113089) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Mike Hathaway (Avast for Business)
Dec 5, 16:37 EST
Please find attached a copy of your license file. This is all that is needed to install your product.

I'm not sure what account you're seeking to access, as their isnt a my.avast.com account created under the email address tw@ (our domain) .com

Please visit https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB1#articleContent for installation assistance if needed.
Attachment(s)
Avast Internet Security - 5 users, 1 year.avastlic

To which I have responded:

On November the 15th you said:

2nd account is Customer # (our customer number) under  tw@ (our domain) .com which has Avast Internet Security - 5 users, 1 year and expires 3-14-17

On November the 18th, you said:

I have combined the licenses into a single Internet Security 6 user license. The new expiration date would be 8-30-2017. License is under tw@ (our domain) .com.

Today you say:

I'm not sure what account you're seeking to access, as their isnt a my.avast.com account created under the email address tw@ (our domain) .com

Is there an account or isn’t there? If we have licenses (which we appear to have and I’ve already installed them) then how is it possible for you to say “there isn’t an account”?

:o

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:58:48 PM by James Newton »

Offline James Newton

Apparently my bosses account was for the personal product which apparently doesn't include the ability to log in to my.avast.com. Thank you for your time.

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Just a hint: To prevent you from Spam you should make your email in Reply #1 (1st quote) unclickable.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Avast Internet Security is the personal product, not manageable from the Avast for Business portal. I encourage you to setup an account there and try it out!
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay