Author Topic: Avast Mobile closes itself whenever I try to scan  (Read 5742 times)

REDACTED

Avast Mobile closes itself whenever I try to scan
« on: November 28, 2016, 06:59:07 PM »
This has began to happen after upgrading the app couple days ago. Whenever I try to do scan, app suddenly closes and I'm sent back to my phone's default screen. Has anyone else had this?

REDACTED

Re: Avast Mobile closes itself whenever I try to scan
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 09:53:08 PM »
Yes, I can confirm, that I have the same issue ! After the latest update, I cannot do a smart scan.
I erased the cache and system data. Then uninstalled and re-installed, but the issue remains.
I'm using a Huawei Mediapad M2 with an Andriod 5.1.1.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 03:48:43 AM »
I confirm this issue also. Avast crashes with scan after recent update. My Avast was constantly crashing so much it was interfering with use of my phone. I sent a large number of crash reports as the Avast app would crash multiple times in a row and the send error report option would open so many times I could barely use my phone. I also cleared cash, data, and reinstalled. It did not crash until I initiated first scan, and then it crashed. I disabled scanning and it is not yet crashing.

HTC One M8
Sprint
Android
Program version: 5.9.2
Marshmallow

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:16:13 AM »
Avast Services are automatically Turned off

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 09:47:57 AM »
I have the same problem since this morning, I can't scan or close the open app...I have already cancelled and re installed the program, but nothing to do...what shall we do?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 11:31:28 AM »
I was finally able to fix my Avast so now I can run scans and all other Avast app functions with no crashing!!!  ;D This was a permissions issue. I went to Settings->Apps and Reset app preferences (this step may not be needed and will reset settings in other apps but I am including it because I did it, so maybe try other steps without this first so you do not loose other app configurations). Then I went to Settings->Apps->Avast and found some permissions for were off. I turned them all on for Avast. Then selected to Configure apps and for Modify system settings and Draw over other apps I selected Avast and turned on those permissions. Also, in Configure apps I selected App permissions and under Contacts, Location, Phone, SMS, and Storage I verified that Avast was turned on. Then I went to Settings->Security->Apps with usage access, and turned on Avast, to Settings->Accessibility and turned on Avast. Then I opened the Avast app and went to settings in app and set permanent notification to Dark theme, under Protection I verified all options were turned on, (including Chrome Support and Internal storage scanning).

This worked for me so maybe some or all of this information can help someone else with this issue.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 01:28:52 PM »
Hi, our apologies, there was a bug last night, but the issue has been fixed by now, please try to scan your device again. If the problem persists, clear the app data (Android Settings--Apps--Avast Mobile Security--Clear data and cache). If it doesn't help, please let me know, thanks. Tereza from Avast

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 02:24:27 PM »
That did the trick, clear cache and data, just remember that you have to relink it to your avast-account and redo all your settings like scheduled scans and your firewall

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 02:55:31 PM »
Yes I have the same issue

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 09:13:40 PM »
I fixed this issue by turning on the Charging Booster in the Settings Options. Now I can scan and boost ram.  Good Luck.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 09:29:00 PM »
Turbo 2 Android 6.0.1 suggested fixes won't work to correct scan/closing error.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 12:55:35 AM »
Turning on the Charging Booster in the Avast Settings will fix the problem.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 03:23:42 PM »
It seems we finally have a reliable solution - reboot your device and make sure you have a stable Internet connection, so that a fresh feed can download. If it doesn't help, you can also try to force stop the app or clear the app data (both in Android Settings--Apps--Avast Mobile Security).