Author Topic: Windows Security Center doesn't recognize avast 4 home as up to date  (Read 3620 times)

ltl

Hi,

after running avast 4 home for quite a while now, windows recently started giving me notices from the security center that avast was not up to date (it is recognized as AV protection though). I have checked that the newest versions of both, the program and the virus db, are installed (4.6.763 [VPS0607-1]) but the notice doesn't disappear.
Strange: The security center indicates that exactly those versions were outdated.

Avast keeps updating every day and seems to be running okay.

Did anybody experience similar problems or knows what to do?

I am running a German Version WinXP SP2 (all additional security updates installed) and parallely to avast use a ZoneAlarm Firewall.

Hope someone can help,
ltl
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 11:37:52 AM by ltl »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Windows Security Center doesn't recognize avast 4 home as up to date
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 03:06:06 PM »
Could you check that your system time is right including day month year.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 03:28:21 PM »
Well according to your image you have the latest version of avast and VPS, so I to would suggest checking the system date.
If the system date is correct, I would also you check the about avast and ensure it is the same as that of the image you gave.

If all seems fine, it wouldn't hurt to try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ltl

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 04:43:33 PM »
Yep, the system time was indeed running one month fast - even though I have no idea why. I must have changed it myself in some thoughtless moment... ::)

Thanks a lot for the quick response you've probably saved me several hours of trying to figure out how to solve the problem.

Greetz,
ltl :)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 04:48:17 PM »
No problem and welcome

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 05:16:33 PM »
Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security