Author Topic: Interesting Software and System News  (Read 2817757 times)

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Interesting Software and System News
« Reply #2625 on: March 28, 2011, 05:24:41 PM »
Free Network Monitoring Software
Capsa Network Analyzer 7.4.1
Thx for the very good software Bob. Love it.

Stumbled upon this today : Stratiform (Addon for Mozilla Firefox 4), Cant stop playing with it. Worth a try.

You can customize toolbar buttons, icons, text fields, colors. It also allows you to change tabs style and color. You can also customize orange Firefox button's appearance. Even you can change its text.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #2626 on: March 28, 2011, 06:37:28 PM »
That addon is clever...rather than change the theme, just a few minor tweaks. The orange button is not my favorite colour so that is solved :D

Probably just leave it as Firefox though ;D

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2627 on: March 28, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »
Clever it might be but it doesn't work with many third party themes, the one I'm using being one (I also use ColourfulTabs add-on) and for what it brings I wouldn't use the default FF theme, so it has been uninstalled.

I don't get Firefox in the AppBar (as Stratiform calls it), just the FF icon, makes the whole thing smaller so no problem there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2628 on: March 28, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »
Mine looks very similar to scott's app menu button, with silver bars as sir D's. Cool eh? :) Try the google chrome like toolbar. Looks cool and neat.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2629 on: March 28, 2011, 07:43:02 PM »
Can't try the Chrome Like toolbar as I have uninstalled the add-on (would also have to abandon my current theme, no thanks) and I was never a chrome fan anyway ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2630 on: March 28, 2011, 07:46:32 PM »
Can't try the Chrome Like toolbar as I have uninstalled the add-on (would also have to abandon my current theme, no thanks) and I was never a chrome fan anyway ;D
Sir D,

Not a chrome fan here either. But it looks clean :)

YoKenny

« Reply #2631 on: March 28, 2011, 11:36:45 PM »
Sir D,

DavidR is stuck on XP and Firefox!
Where the dinosaurs roam.  ;)

spg SCOTT

« Reply #2632 on: March 28, 2011, 11:40:08 PM »
Here we go again... ::)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2633 on: March 29, 2011, 12:06:48 AM »
Sir D,

Here you go again, diving off at a tangent you really are a plonker. Where in what you quoted does it say anything about XP or any OS  ::)

I'm stuck with nothing, it is a choice my system could take win7 if I wanted to fork out £100 for win7. But why would I do that when XP Pro does everything that I need of it and there really is nothing in win7 that is a must have killer function.

You really are a bit of a hypocrite as you are also using XP, why have you not upgraded it to win7 or are you a closet Dinosaur. So I guess that the topic which browser do you use http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74170.0, where Firefox has almost 47.3% of the vote means that they are stuck with firefox, it is a personal choice and nothing to do with OS you plonker.

I have win7 on my netbook and I wouldn't have chrome on that either. So far it is a pain in the ar** at times I have to wonder who owns my netbook me or win7; compared to my experience with XP Pro win7 has been a nightmare.
Roll on Microsoft's next attempt and see what that brings.

YoKenny

« Reply #2634 on: March 29, 2011, 12:54:35 AM »
Here you go again, diving off at a tangent you really are a plonker. Where in what you quoted does it say anything about XP or any OS  ::)

I'm stuck with nothing, it is a choice my system could take win7 if I wanted to fork out £100 for win7. But why would I do that when XP Pro does everything that I need of it and there really is nothing in win7 that is a must have killer function.

You really are a bit of a hypocrite as you are also using XP, why have you not upgraded it to win7 or are you a closet Dinosaur. So I guess that the topic which browser do you use http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74170.0, where Firefox has almost 47.3% of the vote means that they are stuck with firefox, it is a personal choice and nothing to do with OS you plonker.

I have win7 on my netbook and I wouldn't have chrome on that either. So far it is a pain in the ar** at times I have to wonder who owns my netbook me or win7; compared to my experience with XP Pro win7 has been a nightmare.
No one wants my XP sytem! :'(
Comparing Windows 7 on a capable system like mine is like comparing a Wright Brother's airplane to your Windows 7 system.  ;)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2635 on: March 29, 2011, 01:15:23 AM »
So why do keep up with the smartdumb a**ed remarks at every turn, it really is tiresome.

I and many others have the systems they have through choice, the fact that it doesn't  match your choice should be respected and not considered they are dinosaurs or you look like some kind of stalking troll.

By now hopefully you get the message I'm pi**ed off with your tiresome cr*p.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2636 on: March 29, 2011, 02:10:20 AM »
On topic please.
The best things in life are free.

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #2637 on: March 29, 2011, 05:25:27 AM »
Sir D,

Here you go again, diving off at a tangent you really are a plonker. Where in what you quoted does it say anything about XP or any OS  ::)

+1

I'm happy being a dinosaur.  I like XP better than 7.

I'm stuck on Opera by choice!  ;D

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #2638 on: March 29, 2011, 05:45:40 AM »
YoKenny,

Are you the real annoying orange?

http://www.youtube.com/user/realannoyingorange

Your orange colored avatar is suspicious.

You do have a habit of being annoying.

Altarir.

« Reply #2639 on: March 29, 2011, 07:17:32 AM »
YoKenny,

Are you the real annoying orange?

he seems more like grandpa lemon(one from annoying orange, obviously) for me

also, why kenny avatar is suspicious (I have a feeling lemon could be hiding somewhere in kenny's jacket, though)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:26:43 AM by Altarir. »