Author Topic: How to stop Avast Apps Data Sync?  (Read 5405 times)

Offline oemAvast

How to stop Avast Apps Data Sync?
« on: December 07, 2016, 01:24:13 AM »
I would like to know on how to stop Avast Apps Data Sync under Setting > Auto-Sync
Furthermore, I would like to know on what Avast Apps Data Sync do, can I disable Data Sync?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Offline Tereza V.

• Advanced Poster
Re: How to stop Avast Apps Data Sync?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 04:29:53 PM »
Hi, this sync is used only for data sharing among different Avast apps within one device, but it is always disabled. Just compare with other apps on the list (for example tap on Google - when the sync is active, you can find the day and time of the last sync).

Offline oemAvast

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 01:34:07 AM »
It is enable now, and there are only 2 option for setting : Sync now and Remove account. 

Once I click Remove account, it pops up following message:

Removing this account will delete all of its messages, contacts and other data from the phone!
Click next for Remove account? it shows another following message:

This account is required y some apps.  You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which delete all your personal data) in Setting > Backup & reset.

Furthermore, the verification code is too difficult to be seen, please improve the image.

Do you have any suggestions on how to disable App Data Sync without factory reset?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 01:39:05 AM »
There is a very good reason for the captcha.
It really helps a lot to keep spammers away from this webboard.
It is only there the first three posts.

What tools from avast do you have installed and what versions ? (not only version number, also if they are free or pro)

Offline oemAvast

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 01:04:48 PM »
Antivirus & Security by Avast Software (4.5) under Google Play - Avast Mobile Security (Version 5.8.1)
Avast Cleanup & Junk Cleaner by Avast Software (4.5) under Google Play -  Avast Cleanup (Version 2.6.0)

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>

Offline Tereza V.

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 04:40:26 PM »
Hi, the only way to delete the account from Data Sync list is to uninstall all Avast apps from your device.

Offline oemAvast

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 01:30:39 AM »
I would like to know on whether the following Apps are genuine from Avast or not.  If it does not allow to STOP on data sharing among different Avast apps within one device, when I download from Google Play again, would it solve the problem?

Antivirus & Security by Avast Software (4.5) under Google Play - Avast Mobile Security (Version 5.8.1)
Avast Cleanup & Junk Cleaner by Avast Software (4.5) under Google Play -  Avast Cleanup (Version 2.6.0)

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions :>