Author Topic: Auto scan USB drives  (Read 9662 times)

REDACTED

Auto scan USB drives
« on: December 07, 2016, 10:34:42 AM »
Hi!
I test product called Endpoint Protection Suite Plus with centralized enterprise console. I need to scan USB drive automatically when is attached to computer and then display results on the screen.
Is it possible?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Auto scan USB drives
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:43:57 AM »
You could use McShield.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:30:06 PM by Eddy »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 12:28:02 PM »
I am interested in using antivirus system with centralized managing and updating. Now we using Kaspersky but it must be replaced.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 12:48:38 PM »
avast has the option to scan removable devices when attached and McShield is specialize for threats on USB devices and also scans them automatically when inserted.
Seems to me a good combination.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 01:02:34 PM »
Hi,

In Avast Enterprise Admin Console, go to the settings of the group you want to apply this to, or to the settings of the entire computer catalog to apply all clients. Go under the File System Shield, and then click on Scan when attaching. There you have the options to auto-scan the launch items on any USB media that would contain a virus.

Cheers,
Mac
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 01:15:33 PM »
Thanks, Mac!

This option is enabled. But when I attach flash into the computer scan does not start (any window does not appear and it is not information in scanning logs).
I need the same result as Windows Explorer "right-click" scan (window is appear and i see record in logs)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 05:25:18 AM »
The relevant portion is scanned automatically by the File System Shield, but there is no visible pop-up.

There is no way to trigger a scan of the whole drive that I am aware of, at least from the Enterprise Console settings
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay