Author Topic: Screen Timeout Stuck at 30 Seconds  (Read 8764 times)

REDACTED

Screen Timeout Stuck at 30 Seconds
« on: December 08, 2016, 06:13:21 PM »
Hello,

I just got a new phone (LG G Flex 2) on Monday and have been working to set it up, and looking for some alternatives to apps I had used for a long time on my previous phone. I decided to switch from DU Battery to Avast, and while the program is nice, it's given me a very, VERY annoying problem I cannot solve - when my screen locks, my timeout always resets to 30 seconds. Ideally I set my timeout to 2 minutes, but no matter what I do, on lock, it returns to 30. I have not installed many apps on this phone yet that I did not also have on my previous phone, and googling the issue the majority responses I have found for the timeout reset issue is that task killers are responsible. I never had this issue with DU, where the setting I configured in my DU profiles always took effect, but with Avast even setting my profiles to a higher timeout would result in my timer resetting to 30 seconds every single time my screen was locked!!

I've uninstalled the app, cleared my cache, and tried all manner of other potential fixes, but nothing has worked. I can think of no other app that could have caused this but Avast Battery Saver, but reinstalling has not solved the problem. I truly do not want to have to factory reset the phone now that I have just gotten it configured to my liking, but it is looking more and more like the only solution...I am hoping you may have some suggestions before I go through with this last resort. Thank you.

Offline Avast-TS

• Avast team
Re: Screen Timeout Stuck at 30 Seconds
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 05:26:37 PM »
Hi nandoman89,

It's ver unlikely that Avast Battery Saver is responsible for this problem if it still happens after the uninstall. It's probably being caused by other app or a bug in the Android version that you are currently using. I advise you to try update the Android version you are using, if possible (this can be done in About phone - System Updates). If it doesn't work, try reinstalling Avast Battery Saver, open the Smart Profile and change the Screen time-out setting, inside the profile, to 2 minutes. Let me know how it goes.