Author Topic: Not sure why but my online account says my phone has an 'untrusted sim' -  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Arielphf

The phone works fine, and Avast works fine on it, or so I thought, but tonight, when I logged onto my account, I see this red bar across the top of the page that describes my phone and the warning message about an 'untrusted sim' and that my phone is now locked and I need to send a message to it to tell it my phone is found.

Beg to differ, my actual phone is fine. I've got the same sim in it -actually, I don't know if this phone even has a sim- but whatever configuration it has it hasn't been changed in the past year and a half.  The red warning bar on the Avast webpage says to click it to send a 'found' signal to my phone, but it keeps coming back unable to contact my phone.  I can locate it, send a siren to it and everything, how is that being 'unable to contact' it?  But the warning bar is freaking me out a little.  Is it going to turn my phone off and lock it on me at some point?  Not sure what's going on here.  Can someone help? 

Update:  Ok, I got it to contact the phone when I sent a 'found' signal, but when I look on my phone it says it got a 'lost' command - and the red bar remains.  I'm very confused.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 05:09:43 PM by Arielphf »

Offline Arielphf

Re: Not sure why but my online account says my phone has an 'untrusted sim' -
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 08:43:42 PM »
OK, it's been over a week and no one has replied about this issue.  My phone is still sending 'wrong sim' messages which I can't seem to fix and other than than a courtesy reply from an unmonitored account, even tech support has blown me off!  I don't know what else to do here.  Someone please reply?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Not sure why but my online account says my phone has an 'untrusted sim' -
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 08:51:48 PM »