Author Topic: java not working now  (Read 2213 times)

darslilvixen

java not working now
« on: February 18, 2006, 11:47:17 AM »
hi all! i'm new to avast and not sure what else to do.  after installing avast pro 4 i started getting "please enable java"messages when i want to download something, can't figure out since my java setting on my internet explorer are correct.  if this helps i'm running win xp pro and am on dsl/cable modem...any help would be much appreciated!

thanx in advance
vix

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: java not working now
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 03:31:57 PM »
Well I don't have Java installed at all on my system and that doesn't effect my ability to download. So I don't think this is an avast related message. Having the Java setting correct on IE doesn't relate to having Java enabled or even installed, so I assume you have Java installed and enabled ?

Can you post a screenshot of the warning?
What are you trying to download?
Do you use a download manager for these downloads?

What ever you do whilst investigating this don't enable java as this could be an attempt to deceive and get you to load something malicious.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Spiritsongs

Re: java not working now
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 06:10:31 PM »
 :)  Hi Darslilvixen :

I have both Avast Home edition & the latest Sun Java
      working together without problem on my Win XP machine;
      EXACTLY what Java settings do you have on your
      computer ? Do you have Sun Java latest ( 5.0 Update 6 ) ?