Author Topic: Not the same version of AV between Internet Security (12.3) and Endpoint (10.2)  (Read 3377 times)

REDACTED

Dear,

I'm having a BSOD with Endpoint Protection Suite 8.0.1609. The anti-virus embedded is version 10.2.1609.588.

The support asks me to install the latest version, at least 12.3. When I try to update the program, it says that I'm up to date.

On another computer I have Internet Security installed (not Endpoint protection) and I have the version 12.3 installed on it.

How can I do to the upgrade to 12.3 with Endpoint Protection suite ?

Best regards,

Vincent, ARIA

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
If you are using the On-Premise COnsole (Either Small Office Admin or Enterprise Administraton), then 8.0.1609 is the latest version. If you are using Avast For Business (Cloud COnsole) then 12.3.x is current. These are separate product lines with separate version numbers.

Are you using one of the Consoles?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

We don't use console, just the "standalone client". We are small team. When I check the version of the product, it says 8.0.1609.

The only thing that surprise me is that all *.exe and *.dll (C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast Business) in my Avast Endpoint Protection Plus is version 10.2.1609.588.

but in Avast Business security all *.exe and dll are version 12.3.3154.0

I was wondering why the On-Premise COnsole looks having an older version than Avast For Business.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
1. We don't use console, just the "standalone client". We are small team.
2. I was wondering why the On-Premise COnsole looks having an older version than Avast For Business.
1. If you don't use/need a console, it's probably better to use one of the consumer-products.
2. See Reply #1 from Mac.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
We don't use console, just the "standalone client". We are small team. When I check the version of the product, it says 8.0.1609.

The only thing that surprise me is that all *.exe and *.dll (C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast Business) in my Avast Endpoint Protection Plus is version 10.2.1609.588.

but in Avast Business security all *.exe and dll are version 12.3.3154.0

I was wondering why the On-Premise COnsole looks having an older version than Avast For Business.

The standalone Endpoint Protection client is the same as the console managed just without the central management. 8.0.1609 is also the current release. At this time only the cloud product is using 12.3

Again, these are separate products, on different versions and release schedules.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay