Author Topic: Ticket System Not working and Need Refund  (Read 4243 times)

REDACTED

Ticket System Not working and Need Refund
« on: December 27, 2016, 10:05:21 AM »
I canceled both of my Avast subscriptions a month ago, but was still charged. I no longer need Avast. It is not compatible with my new system which comes with a built in anti-virus. On December 15th my PayPal account received two charges from digital rivers for Avast. Invoice 36032563100 for $53.49 and invoice 36032562700 for $42.79. Both charges were made towards avast subscriptions which were canceled after I received the courtesy renewal email on December 2nd at which time I canceled the subscriptions using the directions in the email. Even though I canceled using the instructions given and the avast website told it that the subscriptions were canceled, I was still charged.

I tried using the ticketing system listed on the Avast refund policy to request a refund, but clicking the submit button does not do anything. I tried clearing my cookies. I tried Chrome. I tried Firefox. I even tried turning off my popup blocker.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Ticket System Not working and Need Refund
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 10:21:29 AM »
Hi, I reported it for you.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 11:01:04 AM »
Re: Ticketing system: We are working on it.

I canceled both of my Avast subscriptions a month ago, but was still charged. I no longer need Avast. It is not compatible with my new system which comes with a built in anti-virus. On December 15th my PayPal account received two charges from digital rivers for Avast. Invoice 36032563100 for $53.49 and invoice 36032562700 for $42.79. Both charges were made towards avast subscriptions which were canceled after I received the courtesy renewal email on December 2nd at which time I canceled the subscriptions using the directions in the email. Even though I canceled using the instructions given and the avast website told it that the subscriptions were canceled, I was still charged.

Hi,

As of today both subscriptions are still active, including their auto renewal. Could you please post a screenshot of the website that shows them as cancelled?
I will be issuing the refund in the meantime.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 11:07:01 AM »
Thanks Moroni, good to know. Cheers.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 11:25:30 AM »
It is not compatible with my new system which comes with a built in anti-virus
You should remove the (pre-)installed av if you want to use another (e.g. avast)

Did you disable the automatic payment in your Paypal account ?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 12:22:22 PM »
Hi,

As of today both subscriptions are still active, including their auto renewal. Could you please post a screenshot of the website that shows them as cancelled?
I will be issuing the refund in the meantime.

Fist I went to: avast.com/find-order
Second, I entered in my order ID and password to login, then I clicked the "manage subscription" button.
Lastly, I clicked "cancel" and the screen displayed the message "Subscription Status - Cancelled".

I would include a screenshot, but I do see a way to add an attachment to this message.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 12:30:32 PM »
Look better at what is on your screen when you post.
Underneath the box where you type your message is " Attachments and other options" ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 12:31:39 PM »
You should remove the (pre-)installed av if you want to use another (e.g. avast)

As I said in a previous thread back in June, Avast freezes my computer every time it scans, every Wednesday night at 2AM without fail. When I upgraded to windows 10 and saw the built in anti virus, I was very happy. I am very happy with the built in anti virus because it does not freeze my computer. I will be sticking with the built in anti virus which runs smoothly without freezing my computer. So no, I will not be removing the built in anti virus for something that freezes my computer.

Did you disable the automatic payment in your Paypal account ?

Neither the email nor the website told me to do anything in PayPal. I did however try to mark the payment in PayPal as unauthorized. PayPal said that I did not have enough criteria though to mark the payment as unauthorized. They did however remove permission from digital rivers from making further charges to my account. Now I am just trying to figure out how to get a refund for this subscription which was canceled, which the avast website does show as canceled.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 12:37:11 PM by cdodds »

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 12:35:05 PM »
Look better at what is on your screen when you post.
Underneath the box where you type your message is " Attachments and other options" ;)

Thank you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 12:40:51 PM »
Did you also disable the automatic payment in your Paypal account ?

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 01:29:10 PM »
cdodds, thank you for the screenshot.
The interesting part is that the subscriptions you got charged for are Internet Security and Cleanup, whereas in the screenshot I can see that a subscription for Avast Pro Antivirus was cancelled.
I see that the charges are registered under a different email address than the one you have registered the cancelled subscription (n______0@gmail.com vs @xxxxx.edu).
It seems that the second subscription was registered by somebody else on your behalf, registering a different email address, thus you didn't receive the relevant emails regarding the specific subscription that was renewed and only cancelled the one under your email address.
Nevertheless, the refund is already on its way :)

Did you also disable the automatic payment in your Paypal account ?

Eddy, that should not be relevant.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 01:30:19 PM »

For the records, the ticketing system is up and running again!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 03:57:27 PM »

For the records, the ticketing system is up and running again!

Thanks for that, it should help cut the number of topics with a problem using it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security