Author Topic: Can't instal 3rd device  (Read 1676 times)

REDACTED

Can't instal 3rd device
« on: December 03, 2016, 02:38:17 AM »
I have a current iicense for 3 devices for Avast Internet Security. Two devices are listed and I want to instal a third device. I  clicked on "add  device , put my e-mail in, receive e-mail and tried to install, but I got a nessage saying something like "no device available"  or maybe "no device found." What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Can't instal 3rd device
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 08:53:17 AM »
Use your license file on the 3rd PC.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 12:36:48 AM »
Thank-you Eddy,

Installation accomplished but  now I have a new issue!
My web page "Avast Account"  does not recognize that a 3rd device has been added

I had licenses for 2 PCs, let's call them PC-1 & PC-2.   PC - 2 is an old Vista unit that hasn't been plugged in for 2 years. MY "Avast Account" showed licenses for PC-1 and PC-2, but PC-!  was "green" while PC -2 was "red" since I hadn't confirmed it's license renewal.

After the software finished loading in the laptop ( additional 3rd device) a page appeared showing that the license for PC-1 was now renewed.  The "Avast Account" page shows to devices, PC-1 and PC-2 connected and both are showing as renewed (green). Avast Internet Security has been installed  and is successfully running in the laptop and I was able to run a "smart scan." but it is not being recognized on the account.

What do I need to do to get the "Avast Account" page to show that the 3rd device has been added?

Thanks!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 12:57:54 AM »
Have patience, it can take a few hours before things in your account are updated.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 02:31:36 AM »
I started a ticket and the problem was resolved!