Author Topic: Fraudulent Payment Collection  (Read 3017 times)

REDACTED

Fraudulent Payment Collection
« on: December 19, 2016, 07:28:51 PM »
Last week I purchased a special offer Avast Premier subscription from DRI*AVAST SOFTWARE for £29.99 and received an email confirming my transaction. However, upon checking my bank account several days later, I find that two debits have been made. The first one is for the £29.99 to  DRI*AVAST SOFTWARE, as expected. The second one is a fraudulent and unauthorised transaction to AVAST NEXWAY for £49.99. Upon contacting the DRI*AVAST SOFTWARE helpline to investigate this unauthorised transaction, I am told that they can confirm the £29.99 subscription is correct and that they have no connection with AVAST NEXWAY, and that they are a competitor. I have immediately reported this to my bank and they have reversed the charge, which also turned out to be a recurring charge against my card!!! Also, upon checking about fraudulent Avast subscriptions, I found this page https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB26#idt_03 on the avast.com website which, in fact, names AVAST NEXWAY as one of their two OFFICIAL online e-commerce partners.

1. How was this extremely coincidental and completely unauthorised charge made against my card?
2. Why did the Avast Software representative deny any link with AVAST NEXWAY?
3. Why should I ever trust Avast again?

I am extremely angry and disappointed about this, and now await a full explanation and apology from Avast!!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Fraudulent Payment Collection
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 07:36:33 PM »
Reported to the one  that handle case like this    ;)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 08:23:05 PM »
1]
As I can not see what happened I can only guess that you have made two purchases.

2]
What is your ticket number at avast ?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 03:25:15 PM »
I most certainly did not make two purchases, I made one and received an email receipt for it.

I have purchased no other Avast products recently and I've never conducted any previous transactions with Avast Nexway.

Avast support appear to be able to see and confirm Digital River transactions but not Nexway and appear to be washing their hands of conducting any follow up of this payment theft by Nexway from my debit card. I find this quite bizarre and VERY worrying. An online security company that appears to be treating what appears to be a breach of online payment security with no concern whatsoever!!

The response from Avast has been woeful, to say the least!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 06:49:18 PM »
Again, what is your ticket number ?

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 10:26:27 AM »
Hi phil28,

Be aware that we Avast Software do not have a helpline for billing issues. The support agent you got in touch with was from Digital River's support and they cannot handle inquires about orders distributed by Nexway.

The charges by Nexway correspond to the automatic renewal of your license for Avast Internet Security purchased back in December 2015.
I just issued a refund for this order.