Author Topic: How do i report piracy for money  (Read 2653 times)

Offline sonyboyj

How do i report piracy for money
« on: December 21, 2016, 03:50:10 AM »
Not tryin to be rude but does Avast not care people are selling license files on the net. im not talking dark web im talking eBay. ive been a Avast user for years and i think its one of the security products thats deserves money. I get piracy is a thing and if you wanna risk pirating it for free i cant stop you but selling pirated files on ebay is just wrong, i reported the seller to eBay amd ots been 5 days they still didnt take it down i reported this past summer and they never took it down. So its up to you Avast. a reputable eBay customer cant even report wrong doing and have it dealt with

PS im not looking for money for reporting piracy i get the title can be misleading
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:51:58 AM by sonyboyj »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: How do i report piracy for money
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 06:27:09 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Tia

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 07:29:36 AM »
What makes you think those licenses are pirated?

Offline Lotan

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 12:33:25 PM »
they could have bought an avast licence when they sometimes go on a super cheap sale and then sell them forward for more than what they paid for a profit

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 09:31:33 PM »
they could have bought an avast licence when they sometimes go on a super cheap sale and then sell them forward for more than what they paid for a profit

And that is highly illegal.

@sonyboyj  I'm sure avast! takes a very dim view of this sort of thing.
                  If they are caught they can receive prison time.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 09:41:18 PM »
If a license is pirated, it usually is very quickly blacklisted rendering the license useless.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 11:05:55 PM »
Let's see...

It is not illegal to sell a avast license as long as the seller doesn't violate the terms/conditions that avast has set for doing so.
If it was illegal affiliates/resellers are not allowed to sell them ;)
avast also (sometimes) give a certain amount of license to e.g. (online) magazines for them to give away to their readers.

Let's say the price for avast pro is $50 a year for the consumer.
As a affiliate/reseller I get a "commission" of $2,50 for each license I sell.
The price I charge the consumer is up to me to decide.
So if I charge $48 I would "earn" $0,50 per sold license.
If I sell a license for $2,50 it would mean it is costing me $45.
But selling it for such a low price can attract (many) more customers to my store/shop who buy other things also with which I make (a lot of) money.

What customers need to check (and make sure of) is that the license is registered to their name/account and not under another name/account.

Offline sonyboyj

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 01:59:36 AM »
Im saying there pirated licenses because the seller don't mail you anything and dont send you a serial key when you buy instead they say they will email you a copy of the license file. Which means its already activated and they are just sending you a copy of there license