Author Topic: AVG Questions  (Read 5262 times)

REDACTED

AVG Questions
« on: December 22, 2016, 07:02:34 PM »
Hi all and Hi AVG Team from Avast

I have some questions about AVG Antivirus

1. Any Infos for the multilanguage Version available when yes when will you release it

2. Why will you not develop 2 AVs

3. Any Roadmap for AVG AntiVirus available

4. What did you mean to migrate AVG and Avast to 1 product it will be bigger and bigger

With best Regards
Mops21
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:25:28 PM by Mops21 »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: AVG Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 03:01:03 PM »
Hi mops,

Just some basic answers.

1) I do not think this has been stated publically yet, but likely closer to the final release

2) Until the transition is complete they will be developing both platforms, however in the long run it does not make sense to use resources to maintain two different platforms/engines

3) The new version is currently in bets here and will be released in early 2017

4) Both products will eventually use a common engine and virus database, although the programs will likely still differ in their interface and features somewhat
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 07:24:42 PM »
Hi Mac

Just some anderes from me and 3 more questions from me

1. Thank you very much for your Info. I will wait for the andere from Avast / AVG Team

2. Thank you very much for your Info. I will wait for the andere from Avast / AVG Team

3. Thank you very much for your Info. I will wait for the andere from Avast / AVG Team

4. Thank you very much for your Info. I will wait for the andere from Avast / AVG Team

And my ne questions for you

1. Any Plans to add the Avast Scan Engines to AVG Products, when yes can I deactivate/activate the Scan Engines in the settings section

2. How can I submit Samples to AVG and Avast for check via E-Mail

3. Any Infos for a submit Formular for Avast and AV Samples available

With best Regards
Mops21

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 07:37:52 PM »
As you can see, they have already migrated entire avast! feature set into AVG. Only thing that really remained was Zen platform and Software Analyzer. The rest is pretty unknown. I'm sure they won't just throw it away and it's clearly not going to run alongside existing avast! engine allowing user to use avast! or AVG engine. The core will be just one from now one, so they'll slowly migrate AVG features into avast! foundation they are currently using.

The reason why they will run two separate programs with separate policies is because they don't want to alienate AVG userbase with overnight changes. They'll bring them in gradually. Slowly boiling a frog if you will. People adapt to small changes easier than if they'd just throw avast! straight in their face and say take it or leave it. It's perfectly understandable decision.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 02:15:43 PM »
Ah okay thank you very much for your Info

With best Regards
Mops21

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »
Hi

Will you bring the all AVG Apps that are in Google Play Store to Avast and Developer again it

With best Regards
Mops21

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »
2. How can I submit Samples to AVG and Avast for check via E-Mail
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=14433.msg1289438#msg1289438

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 02:52:12 PM »