Author Topic: Purchase Mobile Security Pro  (Read 5752 times)

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Purchase Mobile Security Pro
« on: December 23, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
I want to purchase Mobile Security Pro but I do not want to use my phone to make the purchase. I do not see a purchase link at Avast.com.
Where is it?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Purchase Mobile Security Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 06:09:59 PM »
You need to buy it in the Google Play store.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 11:24:42 PM »
You need to buy it in the Google Play store.
I can access Google Play store using my home computer but I see no way to pay for it there.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 09:31:55 AM »
That is because how Google (and avast?) has setup things.
Simply use your phone to get it.

https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB64

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »
Thanks a bunch for your help, Eddy.

Avast has a desktop product called SafeZone Browser that is used to protect banking and other payment transactions from keyloggers and other malware. However, they want me to use my phone to enter my credit/debit card information to purchase their mobile security at the Google Play store. I have confidence that I can perform banking and other transactions using my desktop computer. I do not trust entering my banking information using my phone and I do not trust giving my credit/debit card information to Google.

The first line I read when I change payment methods at Google Play and use PayPal is, "By continuing, I authorize Google to charge my PayPal account for future purposes." Apparently, I have to agree with this to continue the transaction. What makes Google think they should have the right to charge my account for future purposes?

I can go to the website of ESET, Bitdefender, and Norton and pay for their android products but cannot go to Avast's website to purchase their android product? This is dumb.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 02:41:14 PM by Cerberus »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 10:32:14 PM »
Hi, sorry, but the only way to pay for the app really is from the app itself.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 12:33:12 PM »
I always use a virtual visa card from my bank. Its free and not a real visa but is accepted as visa online. Its attached to your chequing account only and uses funds from there for purchase once cleated by your bank usually instantly without any further personal info needed beyond visa number and expiery date.
I opened a seperate chequing account not attached to any of my usual accounts to further insolate me. I transfer or deposit say 30 dollars a month for app or other online purchase use and NEVER use my phone to access banking even for transfers. I go in person to bank if a big purchase needs more funds put in to virtual visas chequing account.
It gives me time to think about if I really want the big item.
All insurance protections for a normal visa apply to my virtual visa purchases and like i said its a free card from my bank so its the safest way I can find to do online purchases so far.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 04:16:55 AM »
Hi, sorry, but the only way to pay for the app really is from the app itself.
Do you trust sharing your banking information using your phone? I don't.

Now, I have to go back to PayPal to remove the permission for Google Play to automatically charge my PayPal account and then go to Google Play and unsubscribe from Avast.

You need to get this changed so I have the ability to purchase it at your website, using my computer, or it's not going to happen again. What would be the problem with purchasing it at avast.com and emailing an activation code?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:13:18 PM by Charyb »

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 04:18:06 AM »
I always use a virtual visa card from my bank. Its free and not a real visa but is accepted as visa online. Its attached to your chequing account only and uses funds from there for purchase once cleated by your bank usually instantly without any further personal info needed beyond visa number and expiery date.
I opened a seperate chequing account not attached to any of my usual accounts to further insolate me. I transfer or deposit say 30 dollars a month for app or other online purchase use and NEVER use my phone to access banking even for transfers. I go in person to bank if a big purchase needs more funds put in to virtual visas chequing account.
It gives me time to think about if I really want the big item.
All insurance protections for a normal visa apply to my virtual visa purchases and like i said its a free card from my bank so its the safest way I can find to do online purchases so far.
Thanks a bunch. I will look into this.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 06:32:57 PM »
I completely agree with everything Charyb said. I would buy Avast Mobile Security Pro if I had the option to do so on desktop PC through Avast SafeZone Browser (in Banking Mode), where I am confident that is safe. Better safe than sorry! Hopefully Avast will surprise us with the removal of this limitation soon, and we'll gladly witness their "reputation" stars increasing miraculously ;)

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »
Hi, thanks for your suggestion, I have forwarded it to the team.

Offline thesilenttoot

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 11:27:25 PM »
Thanks a bunch for your help, Eddy.

Avast has a desktop product called SafeZone Browser that is used to protect banking and other payment transactions from keyloggers and other malware. However, they want me to use my phone to enter my credit/debit card information to purchase their mobile security at the Google Play store. I have confidence that I can perform banking and other transactions using my desktop computer. I do not trust entering my banking information using my phone and I do not trust giving my credit/debit card information to Google.

The first line I read when I change payment methods at Google Play and use PayPal is, "By continuing, I authorize Google to charge my PayPal account for future purposes." Apparently, I have to agree with this to continue the transaction. What makes Google think they should have the right to charge my account for future purposes?

I can go to the website of ESET, Bitdefender, and Norton and pay for their android products but cannot go to Avast's website to purchase their android product? This is dumb.

I totally agree. I would prefer an option to purchase a license for the Mobile app directly from Avast OR as part of i.e. extra fee/in addition to my current Avast Premier subscription.

I also do not trust having my payment details in my phone, without an option to op-out from saving this info on my device. Also do not like the fact that I have to dig through tons info and in general do a 100 different work-around steps just so I do not get subscribed automatically (especially forced into) into annual payments without an opt-out choice.

I am sure many Avast customers would prefer the option to get a license directly from Avast or tied to a current licence.

Pity my bank doesn't offer virtual debit cards.

Ahh well, I will not be purchasing the Mobile App even though I would like to. I guess I will just have to survive the incessant AD spam in the unpaid version.