Author Topic: Script Error  (Read 3786 times)

malachii

Script Error
« on: February 18, 2006, 04:20:34 AM »
??? Why do i get a script error every time I start outlook ever since I installed this software?
 It reads.
An error has occurred in the script in this page.
line 298
Char 1
error class not registered
code 0
URL: outlook today

Do you want to continue running script on this page?
             Yes / NO  ??

I tried reinstalling the software but it was the same each time.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Script Error
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 03:18:01 PM »
This I believe has nothing to do with avast (so reinstalling won't have any effect), rather a change in your IE Internet Properties, Advanced settings 'Display a notification about every script error' (see image). Before you ask avast doesn't change these settings, it is more likely that they are changed by Windows/IE security updates or user tweaking and not knowing what the result might be.

The script errors are to do with script errors in the page or code on the page you are visiting and not avast!.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 11:06:32 AM »

malachii

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 04:41:19 PM »
I look at  the settings "Advanced settings display a notification about every script error" it was not selected. The script error only occurs when I start Outlook, never in an IE window. When I remove the software, the error goes away. There is also a very long delay before outlook starts now that I have Avast installed. I read the threads suggested, *thanks* , but they don't seem to relate to this problem.

I have two 'plug-in's running in my outlook, Plaxo and Addlins, I suppose I can try removing them next to see if the script error goes away.

I really want to make this work, your software identified virus on many machines other 'big name' products didn't and I want to deploy it on every machine!

Thanks for the help and suggestions.