Author Topic: Reset Main Password  (Read 7386 times)

REDACTED

Reset Main Password
« on: December 30, 2016, 12:52:39 AM »
I know that it is not possible to reset/recover master password for the vault. But is it possible to create new vault? I don't mind loosing all data in old vault cause I didn't store any there. I just wanted to check Passwords app and now after checking some other applications I have made my mind to use Avast app but since I have forgotten this main password it seems I cannot. I hope there is an option to start with Avast passwords all over again.

Regards

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Reset Main Password
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 01:17:31 AM »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 09:11:49 AM »
This article says:
If you do not know the Master Password requested, you can start a new group but cannot access data you have stored previously.

Still I cannot find a way to start such new synchronization group. What I should do to start new synchronization group?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 05:06:27 PM »
Now I have read many topics and posts but I couldn't find the answer to my question.
Should I try to contact suport again so they could somehow reset my account so the previous synchronization group would be removed?

Maybe I should remove my Avast account and create it again and the this synchronization group would be gone?
Perhaps I should order Password Premium version and such option to create new synchronization group is there?

I would really appreciate some help :)

Thanks and Happy New Year. 

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »