Author Topic: Viewing Passwords  (Read 6050 times)

Offline envirossf

Viewing Passwords
« on: December 22, 2016, 09:18:32 PM »
Hi Everyone,
This may seem a bit silly, but I can't seem to find a way to view my actual passwords instead of the series of stars that mask the passwords when used on a web page.  For instance, Firefox has a box to tick to view password, and then a warning box pops up asking if you really want to view passwords, and if you reply yes, it shows a list of saved websites, logons, and passwords spelled out.  I want to see the same thing on Avast if possible, after I enter my main password.  I am reluctant to use a password generator for an important site if I can't see the password myself.  I don't want everyone else to see it (the whole idea), but I want to see it when I choose.  Please forgive me if this is listed somewhere, but I've looked and couldn't find it in FAQ's, Manual, or other Forum Posts.  Thanks for your time, and I would appreciate any links, references, or any type of guidance or suggestion. 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Viewing Passwords
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:23:05 PM »

Offline envirossf

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:33:13 PM »
Thanks for the quick response Eddy.  I've done that, but I was looking for a way like the firefox one I described.  Otherwise, I'll have to create a new document every time I create or generate a new password.  However, if that is the only way to achieve what I asked, then I'll go with it

Offline ReedT

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 05:43:10 AM »
If you just want to see a site's password, you can do that. Go to Avast  Passwords -> Passwords -> click on a site that you are interested in. From there you should see the site name, the link (https://name.here.com), username, and Password (where the password should show as just a series of dots.) At the end of the line you should see an icon that resembles an open eye. Click on it and you will be prompted for your master password. Enter your master password and you should now see the password in clear text.