Author Topic: Beta 17.1.2282  (Read 45062 times)

Offline kenny556

Re: NEW: Beta 17.1.2282
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2017, 02:15:34 AM »
Can't wait for the new beta! I want the IDP protection!

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2017, 02:30:27 AM »
I'm more concerned over the GUI design. They've made some really weird design decisions and very little time to address them properly... I hope they'll still manage to do it, but my expectations are rather low and that's worrying...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline kenny556

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2017, 04:38:01 AM »
It looks like Kirby from super smash brothers threw up all over the GUI. Way to purple I think blue would have been better.

Offline A. User

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2017, 12:21:10 PM »
It would be better if you attached the images to your post. That way people can view it in line without having to jump to another site.
I thought that the images were too big and would make the forum cluttered. I'll do it the next time.  ;)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2017, 12:55:51 PM »
Quote from:  link=topic=194843.msg1359752#msg1359752 date=1484565670
It would be better if you attached the images to your post. That way people can view it in line without having to jump to another site.
1. I thought that the images were too big and would make the forum cluttered.
2. I'll do it the next time.  ;)
1. Not at all, one needs to click them to get opened/enlarged.
2. Please do so, like Dave, I avoid opening external links.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 03:40:45 PM by Eva137 »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline A. User

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2017, 01:24:55 PM »
By the way the error (the one with the SecureDNS) is again here.  :D  Anyone else who has it?

Blocked threats by real time protection show up in the notifications, haven't checked yet if they stay there after a restart, but maybe it is a good idea to have a log also for real time protection. Or better just create a log for everything like all the other AVs have.

Next to the "Threat blocked" notification in the notifications panel there is a button "Open in Virus Chest" even for threats blocked by the web shield. Since the stream scanning doesn't allow creating a real .exe file to be quarantined, users can become concerned why there is nothing in the Chest.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2017, 03:13:57 PM »
I'm more concerned over the GUI design. They've made some really weird design decisions and very little time to address them properly... I hope they'll still manage to do it, but my expectations are rather low and that's worrying...

Hi Rejzor,

yes we plan to release some changes in the UI in next beta but the basic selection of the menu will stay for now and we will A/B test different approaches later on. Your proposal makes sense if we would have just AV functionality, which we don't have a we must somehow organize the items. So that's why it's divided to Protection, Privacy, Performance. Adding a section of Tools would mean that this category would be much larger that the rest menu items and all new features would end up there. We tested the current layout on normal users and it wasn't really an issue.

REDACTED

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2017, 04:28:33 PM »
Hi All,
Of course I'm running this beta version..I've run several scan's already. I have a question, on the status page there  are two notification's I can't seem to get rid of..(1) There are a couple things to fix - Fix All (2) Real Site can't run on this network - Repair . Is anyone else receiving these same notification's ? I'm enclosing a screenshot of what I'm seeing.
Thanks,
David  :o

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2017, 05:51:10 PM »

Hi Rejzor,

yes we plan to release some changes in the UI in next beta but the basic selection of the menu will stay for now and we will A/B test different approaches later on. Your proposal makes sense if we would have just AV functionality, which we don't have a we must somehow organize the items. So that's why it's divided to Protection, Privacy, Performance. Adding a section of Tools would mean that this category would be much larger that the rest menu items and all new features would end up there. We tested the current layout on normal users and it wasn't really an issue.

I've posted a new GUI draft in the GUI discussion thread. Ask Vlk about it, I've sent him the link as well.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2017, 01:34:04 AM »

With my hacker - and your Photoshop skills, we could try to change it inside next week ;)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2017, 08:31:07 AM »
Hi All,
Of course I'm running this beta version..I've run several scan's already. I have a question, on the status page there  are two notification's I can't seem to get rid of..(1) There are a couple things to fix - Fix All (2) Real Site can't run on this network - Repair . Is anyone else receiving these same notification's ? I'm enclosing a screenshot of what I'm seeing.
Thanks,
David  :o

Hi, this warning will be removed. It doesn't make sense.

REDACTED

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2017, 05:09:33 PM »
Hi MartinZ,
Thanks so much for your reply..it didn't make sense to me either, of course things like that happen when using 'beta' software.
David  ;)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2017, 08:51:36 PM »
Hoping to see a new BETA soon. I wanna test it before we go to Prague :D

REDACTED

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2017, 10:37:26 PM »
Hi RejZoR,
Just to let you know, now I'm getting the same notification on a different windows 10 computer. It doesn't seem to be affecting the performance of the software though.
Thanks,
David

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2017, 07:00:15 AM »
Hoping to see a new BETA soon. :D
Me too.
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast