Author Topic: New Avast UI Discussion  (Read 71659 times)

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: New Avast UI Discussion
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2017, 04:54:29 PM »
I believe this is incorrect:
When turning updates to "Ask...", main UI shows "Turn off" instead of "Turn on".

This is a bug. I'll report it now.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2017, 05:05:11 PM »
Not sure if this isn't actually the right thing to do, if you turn off auto update on the VPS, you don't get streaming updates.

I notice my image is slightly different the Status tab changed to Yellow and an exclamation point (!), the tray icon also shows the ! (with yellow triangle) superimposed. The FIX ALL resets it back to Auto.

And yes the Turn OFF needs changing.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lord_Ami

« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2017, 05:45:52 PM »
Yes, I have it turned on. I was just experimenting ;)

Not sure if this isn't actually the right thing to do, if you turn off auto update on the VPS, you don't get streaming updates.

I notice my image is slightly different the Status tab changed to Yellow and an exclamation point (!), the tray icon also shows the ! (with yellow triangle) superimposed. The FIX ALL resets it back to Auto.

And yes the Turn OFF needs changing.

Offline =Snake=

• Still using Avast Free!
  • Maybe Bot
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2017, 08:26:46 PM »
@DavidR
Hi!

Your screenshot shows me: you still have the beta!
 ;)
=Snake=
Desktops: AMD LE1620, W7 ult SP1 [x86] | IP-4, XP pro SP3[x86] | Intel Celeron, W7 ult SP1 [x86] | AMD-Athlon 1800+, XP pro SP3, [x86] in WL |
Laptops:   HP G72 , W10 Home [x64]  v22H2 (Build 19045.2728) | Acer Aspire ES1-131, W10 Home [x64] v1511 (Build 10586.1106)|
Firefox ESR [AOS,NS,uBO,uMatrix],Thunderbird,MCShield,CCleaner,Defraggler,MBAM Free,MBAE, Avast Free Antivirus|

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2017, 08:31:55 PM »
@DavidR
Hi!

;)
=Snake=

Wrong.

Those taking part in the beta testing are on the beta channel, so should another beta session be started, you automatically get notified of the 'update.' You can only remove the beta branding in the UI by installing the non beta channel regular release, or doing a clean install.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline =Snake=

• Still using Avast Free!
  • Maybe Bot
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2017, 08:38:37 PM »
@DavidR
Hi!
=Snake=
Wrong.
You can only remove the beta branding in the UI by installing the non beta channel regular release.
I did so. Thx.
Desktops: AMD LE1620, W7 ult SP1 [x86] | IP-4, XP pro SP3[x86] | Intel Celeron, W7 ult SP1 [x86] | AMD-Athlon 1800+, XP pro SP3, [x86] in WL |
Laptops:   HP G72 , W10 Home [x64]  v22H2 (Build 19045.2728) | Acer Aspire ES1-131, W10 Home [x64] v1511 (Build 10586.1106)|
Firefox ESR [AOS,NS,uBO,uMatrix],Thunderbird,MCShield,CCleaner,Defraggler,MBAM Free,MBAE, Avast Free Antivirus|

REDACTED

« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2017, 02:16:36 PM »
I can't believe on my eyes... these icons and font ... very bad decision  :o
http://prntscr.com/e7qhgy
If they don't turn back the old Avast I will look for another AV.  :'(

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2017, 02:22:10 PM »
I can't believe on my eyes... these icons and font ... very bad decision  :o
http://prntscr.com/e7qhgy
If they don't turn back the old Avast I will look for another AV.  :'(
I choose my AV for the protection it offers.
I guess we all have different items of importance. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2017, 08:33:29 PM »
Hi,

No reply on my previous posts regarding the GUI scaling on HiDPI screens (4k, 5k etc.). Any comment from the developer that they are at least working on this GUI bug would be appreciated. It is not only about the protection that Avast offers, but it is about the whole package if you ask me. Looking at the pic, you can understand my frustration when I scan something and can't even see the scan results properly.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 08:41:54 PM by indusolanki85 »

REDACTED

« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2017, 09:41:41 PM »
Hi guys,

I'd like to open a new thread regarding the "skin" of the new Avast.

I have seen various discussions about it scattered around the forum, but it's a bit difficult to get a grasp of it. In general, I understand the feedback tends to be negative, but I'd like to understand whether it's related to the size of the UI, the layout of the navigation, the color scheme, the font, the speed, ... BTW One thing that we focused on improving were the flows, i.e. making the various tasks much more bullet-proof and user-friendly. I think we delivered on that one, but I haven't seen it discussed anywhere.

So, can you please be a bit more specific in your feedback? Besides RejZoR's suggestion on how to reorganize the menu bar, I haven't seen much except for adjectives like "awful", "unprofessional" etc which don't really give much insight at all.

We still have some time to shuffle some things around, although obviously what you see is pretty close to what the final will look like.

Thanks
Vlk

дайте возможность убирать пункт "Приватность - уничтожитель данных" с главного экрана Антивируса

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2017, 09:51:52 PM »
This is a English forum.

Offline bruce_b

« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2017, 10:00:43 PM »
Mainly the Color (looks horrible) and the Size of the Main Window (can not be resized, but the Settings sub window can be)
And it does take just a bit too long to open on some computers.
Dell Dimension 8200 P4 1.8Ghz Windows XP PRO SP3
Avast Free Antivirus 18.8.2356
Toshiba Satellite C855-S5347 Celeron B830 1.8Ghz
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version 1909 Build 18363.900
Avast Free Antivirus 20.4.2410 Build 20.4.5312.578

REDACTED

« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2017, 04:59:51 PM »
I also liked the old UI more. And what's even worse: I always hated software that gave me the feeling to work with a free or trial version by displaying "Upgrade" buttons on the UI. Now, avast Pro is doing the same although it is already a paid version. This is really annoying! This should be removed, paying users should not be bugged to upgrade to anything, this is ok for free versions, but not paid ones.

REDACTED

« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2017, 01:06:01 PM »
I open chrome after a new install and days of computer fix-ups, and a robot voice declares I have viruses... even thought i have avast working overtime to protect my computer... and so i open avast and all i can do is look at this stupid interface with no clue as to what to do except be a robot and let them do what THEY think should be done to my computer and probably nothing to do with viruses. I am faced with "RUN SMART SCAN".. Just make the interface useable please. I am sick of it. Would avast like to tell me what time to change my underpants too? How about listening to users for JUST ONCE PLEASE!

And criminals... please go get a life in some garbage dump and leave peoples computers alone....

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2017, 08:28:47 PM »
I open chrome after a new install and days of computer fix-ups, and a robot voice declares I have viruses... even thought i have avast working overtime to protect my computer... and so i open avast and all i can do is look at this stupid interface with no clue as to what to do except be a robot and let them do what THEY think should be done to my computer and probably nothing to do with viruses. I am faced with "RUN SMART SCAN".. Just make the interface useable please. I am sick of it. Would avast like to tell me what time to change my underpants too? How about listening to users for JUST ONCE PLEASE!

And criminals... please go get a life in some garbage dump and leave peoples computers alone....

Did you click on protection>antivirus>then select a scan?
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.