Author Topic: 65 DEVICES ARE IN DANGER! But they aren't.. can I clear these?  (Read 4043 times)

REDACTED

65 DEVICES ARE IN DANGER! But they aren't.. can I clear these?
« on: January 03, 2017, 01:55:40 PM »
Hi there! I'm new to the forums, but I've tried search already for this before posting and I've seen a few threads about this topic but with no real answer to them. Sooo...

I work for a decently sized school district. Every day I receive emails from Avast saying I have X amount of devices that are in danger. But they aren't. They are all devices that just have not been turned on for a while for whatever varying reason. Whether they are computers in our kindergarten that aren't being used this semester, or computers that the teachers are out on maternity leave, just to give a few examples. Is there any way to clear this "in danger" flag on them short of going to multiple schools and twenty different classrooms and turning these computers on? We have a relatively small tech department and there are other things that I really need to be out and about taking care of rather than going and booting up computers just to clear a flag.. But it looks really bad when my boss logs in to Avast for Business and sees a giant red bar at the top saying "65 DEVICES ARE IN DANGER!" when they really aren't. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:01:43 PM by Joshua145 »

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
Re: 65 DEVICES ARE IN DANGER! But they aren't.. can I clear these?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 02:09:12 PM »
Hi Joshua145, this is unfortunately not possible right now, but we have this on the list of things that will be solved.
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 02:21:27 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply. I look forward to this being a feature of Avast! :D

Offline Manley

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 08:18:57 PM »
Hi Joshua145, this is unfortunately not possible right now, but we have this on the list of things that will be solved.

Martin, just curious, what else is on the list that you guys are working on? Thanks.

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 11:39:07 AM »
Good question Manley ;)

Let's say that we are focusing on improving following areas:
  • reporting (to provide you with insights into what's going on and what happened)
  • deployment of AV (make it even less time consuming and comfortable)
  • distribution of updates (to make it less bandwidth consuming)
  • user restrictions (provides you with an ability to restrict acces to operations within the console)
  • changes in a way how you can apply all paid AV tiers within one company account

These are the biggest areas of the Management Console that are on our focus list.

In terms of AV, we are still aligned with consumer AV version.
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap