Author Topic: Avast Performance Clean-up options  (Read 3260 times)

REDACTED

Avast Performance Clean-up options
« on: February 15, 2017, 02:26:16 AM »
There is an automatic scan that shoes a list of performance issues on the computer and a Resolve green button below.

I have never pressed that green button because I believe it will clean everything that was found on the scan. I never let any program take automatic uncontrolled decisions for me. I always want to de the one to decide how and what to do. The presented list of issues also shows issues that are not issues and I want to keep as is. I have tried but could not choose what I want to resolve or to keep.

Not having clicked on the Resolve green button until now, my question is:
If I click on that button, am I presented with a list of options on what I want to keep as is or does it just goes ahead and simple destroy my settings because it thinks it knows better and can choose for me, what would be an abuse only good for dumb people?

Even the details are useless because there are no paths, and it is not even possible to copy when that might be somewhat helpful. We cannot even check where most of the "issues" are. Therefore I simply turned off that Performance Clean-up thing until someone kindly clarifies how it works. The junk files list is one of them. However, I have made a batch file to delete most of them, keeping only the most recent files, not just wipe everything. So this function is not only useless, but also undesirable.

Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.

REDACTED

Re: Avast Performance Clean-up options
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 06:39:55 PM »
Thank you for your reply. However, I am sure you will not believe that I will real the several hundreds of posts on those 23 pages looking for an answer difficult to find in a forum search. If I can't get some effective help to know how I can view real details and the pathsto the "issues", so that I am able to decide for myself what to delete, I just keep that useless option off.

To prove I am right there a thread there, on first page with the title Cleanup has corrupted my Windows 10 profile.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 06:57:42 PM »
Eddys post means you are posting in wrong forum section

Post your questions here
Avast Cleanup (former GrimeFighter)  >>  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=63.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 04:55:25 PM »
Thank you very much Pondus for realising that I am not a wizard to get that meaning. In fact I often have problems with this forum loike not having a list of our  posts under the profiles and impossible to have the right time, it is not even standard GMT time among other things. Even our e-mails got hacked some time ago. Remember? So, many thanks.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 05:10:28 PM »
It sure has a option to list all your posts (or from another user)

Profile > show posts