Author Topic: Why i'm seriously thinking of leaving Avast (because of Firewall)  (Read 2609 times)

REDACTED

So I decided to do their I think 14 trial for fun for firewall i think.
I NEVER thought that would mean I wouldn't be able to connect to the internet.

I turned on my computer and everything worked fine, no issues, everything working as it should, etc, I put my computer to sleep and went to take a shower, and then I came back and I couldn't connect to the internet and that's where the problem starts. I went through and searched the internet, restarted my computer about 6 times, reset my modem about 4 times (for 1-5 minutes each time), hunted down my old ethernet cord that I don't use, factory reset my modem, and then grabbed my laptop and plugged it into the modem (because password was reset and couldn't get on the wifi) and it worked fine. This in total took about an hour and a half to do. Only after plugging in my laptop to the modem and changing the wifi password did it hit me when I saw the firewall thing come up. I then disabled all shields on avast and then all of the sudden I can connect to the internet again. I renable all the shields the avast firewall thing came up and i'm still connected to the internet.

The ONLY reason i'm still using Avast is because I've used it for 7 years.

Anyways do what ever you wish with this (delete it, ban me, report it, etc). I'll probably never be back here again. Thought i'd share my experience. Any thoughts of getting firewall has been washed down the drain for me. As far as I know it's just a Firewall. Not sure what the difference is between it and the windows firewall other than it blocking pictures on Ebay.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:47:13 AM by fatheredpuma82 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Why i'm seriously thinking of leaving Avast (because of Firewall)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 07:51:26 AM »
Anyways do what ever you wish with this (delete it, ban me, report it, etc).
Why ... is there something wrong with this?

As far as I know it's just a Firewall. Not sure what the difference is between it and the windows firewall other than it blocking pictures on Ebay.
You find out at avast FAQ section  >>  https://support.avast.com/support/home

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 10:47:51 AM »
The firewall doesn't block images on Ebay (or on any other site).

Offline stibi

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 10:26:50 AM »
It doesn't help to answer here - he  'll probably never be back here again. As he wrote.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:33:15 AM »
It doesn't help to answer here - he  'll probably never be back here again. As he wrote.
So why do you post   ;D

anyway i posted when he was still online   ;)

Offline apollorules

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 04:21:12 PM »
Go to settings, components, firewall, customize, and set "Auto decide" to "ask." And make sure firewall doesn't block your browser. 
I have never had issues with Avast firewall.