Author Topic: Is it safe to use Avast License file purchased from third party site?  (Read 2787 times)

Offline apollorules

I recently bought a Avast Premier license file from a third party site for cheap for my friend who is not very tech savvy.  When I inserted it, his avast free version was updated to Avast Premier.

However, in the "Settings > Subscription" section, it says "Licensed to: some guys email id" and this email id is not his own email address on his avast account. I thought it was fine. Then when I checked it today, the email id was changed, and it's still not his email id.  Weird. I didn't change the license file at all.

However, on the top right corner of Avast premier UI, his real email ID is displayed all the time, only when I check "subscription" this unknown email id is displayed. My friend also has important passwords on Avast passwords and I think this is safe? Is there any cause for concern? I bought the license file for relatively cheap. I buy game codes from that site all the time for cheap and they all work.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:26:47 PM by apollorules »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Is it safe to use Avast License file purchased from third party site?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 05:15:42 PM »
Unless the site is a reseller for avast products or from a respected magazine that has a action or something like that, I would not trust it.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: Is it safe to use Avast License file purchased from third party site?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:32:01 PM »
Hi apollorules :)

Would you mind telling us where you have downloaded/purchased it from ?
( Please make any link unclickable, for example by changing https:// in httXs:// )

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )