Author Topic: How to disable reputation services?  (Read 5433 times)

REDACTED

How to disable reputation services?
« on: January 06, 2017, 08:08:44 PM »
Hello,
How to disable reputation services. I haven't found that option in cloud settings.
I can only edit this in every device setting, but after restarting the computer, reputation services backs to enabled mode.

The same question about disabling animated icon while scanning.

Offline jvidal

Re: How to disable reputation services?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 01:20:45 AM »
I wanna know the same thing!!!!
IT's EXTREMELY ANNOYING that those DAMN rep services get re-enabled after every reboot and THERE'S NO WAY to disable them in the business console!!!!!

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 04:35:32 AM »
Could you please include more information about which particular feature you are after?  Maybe a screenshot could help.

The only feature that I know of with "reputation" in it's name is the Webshield module "Warn when downloading files with poor reputation".  Other features that deal with reputation are DeepScreen, CyberCapture, and Hardened Mode; all of which are cloud controlled.

Offline jvidal

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 06:46:18 PM »
What part part  of REPUTATION SERVICES didn't you understand?
That DAMN option is re-enabled after EVERY REBOOT, no matter how many times you disable it.
There's no way of disabling in the web console (this is the business version we're talking about)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:50:30 PM by jvidal »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 02:33:56 AM »
As far as I know there is no way to disable that checkbox through the cloud console.

Perhaps we should take a step back and ask why you need to disable it?  If you are having trouble with a specific application issue, the answer might really be to manage the settings of the scanning modules affected.  Those are settings you can at least control from the cloud console.

If you want no cloud reputation services at all, perhaps you need a product that has on-premises management, not cloud managed.  :-\

Offline jvidal

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 08:34:57 PM »
Well, that's AWFUL NEWS.

Why would I want to disable it?
Because  I'M SICK of the insane number of false positives, that's why.
That's why i also disable PUP detection  and cyberCRAPture (this is one just slows down things too much and it either doesn't do anything useful or just gives false positves, which -like i said- I AM SICK OF).
I'm smart enought to know what I'm doing, I don't just execute any exe that comes in an e-mail atachment, for instance. I Don't need those services).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:40:34 PM by jvidal »

Offline jvidal

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 12:51:17 AM »
I'm going to resurrect this topic. This reputation services CRAP is getting re-enabled even without restarting. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DISABLE THIS CRAP!!!!!!!