Author Topic: stop symantec backup exec when backup shadow copy components on remote server  (Read 3989 times)

REDACTED

I found out symantec backup exec did hang up after Avast Business installation. As outcome of my investigating, it seemed that web shield blocks to access or takes long time to scan shadow copy components on remote server. I registered server names as "process which is excluded from scan" of "Web Shield Setting" but it was not effected for shadow copy components. In case of non shadow copy components on remote server, it worked well. And in case of shadow copy components on local server, it works sell. When "Web Shield" is unavailable, it works well.

Can you let me know how to setup so that this issue can be solved ?

Avast is 12.3.2525 ( build 12.3.3154.23 )
Remote server is Windows Server 2003
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:47:25 AM by Katsuji »

Offline Salman8

I have the same issue? Was there any resolution to this?

REDACTED

I have no resolution except making web shield be unavailable.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Does the backup fail if you disable the web shield? How about disabling all Avast Shields and trying the backup?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

Symantec backup exec completed with no error when I made web shield only disable. I am sure the backup complete without error if you disable all avast shields.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Thank you, I have pinged some of the devs to take a look at this.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay