Author Topic: Cloud Console 2.17 - new version  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
Cloud Console 2.17 - new version
« on: January 10, 2017, 11:02:01 AM »
Hi all, another version of the Avast for Business console has been released.

This release is focused on adding batch operations to groups. With this release we brings ability to delete multiple groups at once.

What's new
  • Ability to select multiple groups directly from the group tree and delete them at once. (example 1, 2)
  • Ability to define whether the system tray icon of the WIN AV will be visible or not.
  • The Switcher (Toggles) are now clickable at a whole area.
What has been fixed
  • Fixed problem that some customers were not able to log into the console (without cleared cache)
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap

REDACTED

Re: Cloud Console 2.17 - new version
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 02:31:48 PM »
Always excited when I log in and see a new release  8)

Thank you!

Offline Manley

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 04:29:06 PM »
I know many people ask for the option to "show or hide" the tray icon, but I'm curious why that is. I prefer to look at a screen and see the icon and know it is running and protecting, versus not seeing the icon and not knowing. So, just curious why people want this.

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 01:31:00 PM »
I know many people ask for the option to "show or hide" the tray icon, but I'm curious why that is. I prefer to look at a screen and see the icon and know it is running and protecting, versus not seeing the icon and not knowing. So, just curious why people want this.

Hi Manley, it is quite common that administrators want to not bother end-users by antivirus at all, they want to let them focus on their daily jobs instead of solving problems with AV. Therefore they set up their AV to be silent as much as possible and not distract end-users. Another reason is that in most cases end-users can't solve occurred situation by themselves either they do not understand consequencies or simply do not have rights to do that. Make sense?
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap