Author Topic: Problems updating  (Read 7756 times)

ladynadiad

Re: Problems updating
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 09:31:27 AM »
Not sure how it could relate, as I was able to connect if I did a manual, and I don't really know where the issue lies, as it just says its an error with nothing further.  Mine was only on automatically detect settings, but I unchecked that even.

But you did bring up an interesting point with avast using IE settings, as I do have one somewhat odd thing with my IE settings, I disabled all flash and activex except for trusted sites.

Should I perhaps put the avast servers in my trusted sites then?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 02:38:21 PM »
I disabled all flash and activex except for trusted sites.
Should I perhaps put the avast servers in my trusted sites then?
Well, avast update does not use ActiveX and even less Flash content to update  :'(

I have a permanent connection, and its wired to my computer
Did you delay the automatic update through avast4.ini file? Why not?

Had a manual update work great last night

avast checks if there is an available connection each 40 seconds.
If there isn't, wait more 40 seconds to check. Checking does not take more than one second and, of course, does not use the Internet band.
If there is a connection, check for an update. If there is not any new file to download, wait 4 hours to start checking again. If there is an available update, start it and install it. Again, wait 4 hours to check the next time.
Some of this settings could be configurated different, I posted the default values of the avast4.ini file.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 03:27:04 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

ladynadiad

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2006, 05:46:56 AM »
Oddly enough, it seems the problem somehow corrected itself as I did not see the error at all yesterday during my day off, and I sure was at my computer most of the day watching anime on it, so I would have definitely saw something.

Have no idea how it did it, as I wasn't able to figure out what Tech was wanting me to do (had no clue where the default avast4.ini file was posted), and now it went away.

I admit, I am baffled, only thing I really did these past few days was play around a bit more with my firewall settings trying to get my p2p programs to work properly so I can get my dose of fansubbed anime :)

But thought I would give an update, even if it took a bit, but wanted to make sure it truly wasn't coming back before saying anything, cause I know how Murphy's Laws work, and that is the way my luck runs :)

CharleyO

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006, 07:35:12 AM »

Murphy's law works that way for most of us.    ;)

Glad it is now working correctly for you and hope it continues!    :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006, 03:42:01 PM »
Have no idea how it did it, as I wasn't able to figure out what Tech was wanting me to do (had no clue where the default avast4.ini file was posted), and now it went away.
Click here.
The best things in life are free.