Author Topic: Avast clean up  (Read 4923 times)

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
Avast clean up
« on: January 13, 2017, 12:35:30 AM »
totally confused (what's new) just had email from Avast saying my subscription for Avast Clean Up for 1 pc is due in February for £29.99 ....I never had a subscription as I rarely use the pc usually my phone or ipad, I use it on my phone but have never paid for it..
.is this a genuine email???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast clean up
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:07:42 AM »
It is not possible to tell as we can't see the mail, but it looking at the 1 year and the price it seems like it is a genuine email from avast.

And CleanUp doesn't have to be for the PC, there is also a Android version.

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 12:49:28 PM »
thanks for reply Eddy, but the plot thickens I entered the ID and password Avast sent me and it said those details do not exist??? now I'm more confused and concerned that I was before :( I have emailed Avast so will just have to wait patiently first a reply

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 05:14:06 PM »
I have a PC, win 10, and I can´t do the things I bought Avast CleanUp for. Why? If you go to Avast.com  you can see there are some good measures you can choose to do with this program: https://www.avast.com/en-us/cleanup-addon#pc . My Avast CleanUp is integrated in the Internet Security program and there you can just make Smart Scans and you can´t for instance "Disable apps slowing down your boot-time" :-\, as you can read on this page. In the Swedish version of that page they say you can "choose the programs (apps) you want to auto-start". I can´t find that option either. When I some days ago bought a new CleanUp-licence (A mistake because I already had one working inside the Internet Security-program!) I saw the possibility of installing it separately, but was recommended not to do so. Can I use those options if I do so?https://forum.avast.com/Smileys/default/undecided.gif

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 05:37:05 PM »
tor1940lin,

if you want help/support, start your own thread.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 03:22:42 AM »
tor1940lin  I will help you if others wont  I also have both products but I learned on my own when you use cleanup by itself it cleans ect but  I always still had in red above 100mb not cleaned I then went to security premier or what ever version your using and went to performance scan and scanned it found issues of course I hit fix it then cleaned what wasn't cleaned in cleanup but you need the two because if you hit performance scan and it finds something it says buy cleanup for better cleaning why unknown they should have it included with premier or internet security  hope it helps

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 12:40:36 PM »
markvm1, he already got help 8 days ago in the correct forum.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:42:54 PM by Eddy »

Offline blueeyesalex

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 07:50:07 PM »
Do I need Avast Clean up, when I have Avast Premium?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 07:58:43 PM »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 09:17:44 PM »
The avast CleanUp forum > https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=63.0
Hi Eddy, that's where he/she posted. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 09:23:55 PM »
LOL.

Must be because childboard is mentioned in large characters at the top "Avast Cleanup for Android (former GrimeFighter for Android)"