Author Topic: If I use my friend's Avast license, can he see my passwords saved on Avast?  (Read 1856 times)

Offline apollorules

Let's say my friend has half finished subscription and he gives me the license file to use for the remaining period because he no longer needs it. I insert it to my avast and it activates. I then login to my own avast account on avast internet security and open up my avast passwords and use avast as required. Can my friend, who is the original owner of the Avast subscription, see my passwords saved on Avast passwords?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
If you plan to extend your current license that way, it will not work.

As the license is registered to him and you want to use avast passwords with it, he can see them as the license is bound to his account.

Offline apollorules

How can he see my passwords? Doesn't he need to sign in to my avast account and then to my avast passwords with my master password? If yes, how can he see my passwords because he doesn't know my avast account password and my master password for avast passwords.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 03:58:33 PM by apollorules »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Tomáš Hellebrand

• Avast team
  • Product owner of Avast Passwords
    • Avast Passwords
To authorize (allow) another device to get access to your passwords, you need to log in with your Avast Account on the new device and approve the new device on your another authorized device.
Tomas Hellebrand
Product owner of Avast Passwords