Author Topic: aswMonFlt.sys BSOD  (Read 3569 times)

REDACTED

aswMonFlt.sys BSOD
« on: January 15, 2017, 06:06:53 PM »
Hello, so i got a BSOD after i booted the pc. With blue screen view i managed to see the cause : aswMonFlt.sys.
My FRST log is attached, i would like a fixlist.txt please.
Thank you.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: aswMonFlt.sys BSOD
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 08:23:58 PM »
Please send me the latest minidump file (from \Windows\Minidump folder) to my email: kurtin@avast.com
Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 11:19:39 PM »
Please send me the latest minidump file (from \Windows\Minidump folder) to my email: kurtin@avast.com
Thanks!
Done!

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 06:41:56 AM »
Thanks for minidump, the crash occurred because some other driver modified our driver's code in memory. There are changes in 4 bytes. Sometimes it's a hardware fault (bad memory/CPU temperature), but it's usually a change in one memory bit and it's not this case. Hopefully, it's a random crash, otherwise it's quite hard to find culprit (since it's driver related, you'd need to update all your drivers, or start uninstalling every one of them). If you observe more crashes, send me minidump again. Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 03:25:38 PM »
Thanks for minidump, the crash occurred because some other driver modified our driver's code in memory. There are changes in 4 bytes. Sometimes it's a hardware fault (bad memory/CPU temperature), but it's usually a change in one memory bit and it's not this case. Hopefully, it's a random crash, otherwise it's quite hard to find culprit (since it's driver related, you'd need to update all your drivers, or start uninstalling every one of them). If you observe more crashes, send me minidump again. Thanks!
Yeah another crash occurred, it's basically at every startup after a long time the pc has been off. Sent the minidump, this time is related to atikmdag.sys.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 07:03:37 PM »
I suggest you start checking the hardware.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 07:13:39 PM »
I suggest you start checking the hardware.
Yeah i did RAM and Hard Disk test, no problem found, CPU seems to be stable and i also tested gpu vram.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 07:26:09 PM »
Already went to the manufacturer websites of all hardware and checked if there are newer drivers or known problems with the drivers ?

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 08:45:40 PM »
Already went to the manufacturer websites of all hardware and checked if there are newer drivers or known problems with the drivers ?
Yes i installed some new drivers as soon as i noticed the bsods, i think i updated all that i could update. I know of some other users experiencing bsods with this amd driver's version but they are not really a lot, so definitely not a known issue.