Author Topic: Avast ANTIROOTKIT  (Read 8190 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast ANTIROOTKIT
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 11:39:18 AM »
Attach the log files to your post here.

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 05:20:46 PM »
1)  Thanks for the log files but I am not going to download files from a unsecured, 3rd-party site.

2)  This is a VIRTUAL machine.  None of Avast's scanners are designed to work on a virtual system.  You could see if a scan with TDSSkiller finds anything; it does not need a reboot to scan the system.  However, if it does scan, the software will most likely find every file suspicious as the files' characteristics are not the ones expected due to the system running in a Virtual container.

3)  Being a virtual system, why not restart the server with a fresh image?  Or re-install Chrome to see if that fixes the Chrome issue?
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 06:02:25 PM »
Hello
that's 3 txt files inside ZIP archive, nothing else. Do you have other option where I can upload the file? I can not post my log files to public.
TDSSkiller was not found anything but it can not install boot driver, just like MallWarebyte and other I try. I suppose it is because of virtual file system?
I can not install any fresh image because I have running programs, database etc. I'm aware that I can move them to new VPS but if possible, I will try to clean current system.
I reinstalled Chrome many times, it does not work. Chrome is not important at this moment.
Thank you for any help.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 09:17:07 AM »
Does anyone want to help?
I can send log files on PM.
Thank you.

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 08:17:25 AM »
I will look at the log files PROVIDED my malware scanners say the file(s) are safe.  What scanner produced these logs?
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 12:36:00 PM »
Hello
I've sent you a PM.
Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 08:04:50 AM »
I will look at the log files PROVIDED my malware scanners say the file(s) are safe.  What scanner produced these logs?
Hello dbrisendine
di you have any news? I'v also sent you a PM
Thank you.

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 09:05:51 AM »
I apologize but I thought I replied to your message (PM) but now I can not find my reply.

Your FRST logs look clean; that is, they show no signs of infections or adware running on the system.  You may want to uninstall some of the scanners you have installed as multiple AV scanners can conflict with each other and produce false positive results.

As to the aswar scan results, it seems these files are being tagged because their attributes are not default values.  The file values are different due to the OS being run in a VR machine environment instead of a physical environment.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 09:57:08 AM »
OK thank you so much.
First reason why I meant I have something is that my Chrome will not run any more (sad face) so I Googled and found that it can be some infection.
Then I try many antivirus software but nobody can install some "driver" into boot sector so I was sure there is something..
Thank you again, I need to do additional research why Chrome will not run (I try to uninstall it many times but it does not helped).

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 08:51:45 AM »
Did you try the Chrome Repair Tool (  https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/ ) ?