Author Topic: Old versions of pages loading  (Read 1412 times)

REDACTED

Old versions of pages loading
« on: January 14, 2017, 08:29:26 PM »
I've been trying to work on my website for several days, and I have two separate problems that I have traced back to Avast.  My Pro subscription expired, and I assume that's what led to this situation. Unfortunately, paying to upgrade to pro once again did not fix it.

First, several homepage widgets were blocked from appearing.  This is resolved by enabling secure DNS, so that's fine. 

Second, and more importantly, I can't SEE my updates on my site.  I have already cleared my browser cache, website cache, flushed the DNS, tried viewing in different browsers and in incognito mode.  The only reason I believe this to be connected to Avast is because when I repaired the install yesterday, I had approximately an hour that everything worked perfectly before I was back in the same situation.  Then at one point today I had my updated footer revert to a previous version.  How does that happen?! 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Old versions of pages loading
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 08:40:37 PM »
Your problems sounds they have nothing to do with avast.
avast doesn't upload things to your host nor is it changes things.

I suggest to contact your hoster and ask them to check what happened.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:41:51 PM by Eddy »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 08:29:14 PM »
I realize that avast doesn't upload anything to my host.  I have already contacted my host, and the problem is that THEY and everyone else can see what they're supposed to.  I uninstalled avast again yesterday and had another brief period of time that everything was working correctly, and now I'm back in the same situation where my homepage widgets aren't displaying.  When I reinstall avast, they display again.  It obviously has something to do with avast, but I can't get any damn help from anybody and I've contacted everyone I possibly can.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 08:41:28 PM »
If your host and everyone else don't have the problem, it is a very huge indication that there is something on your system that is causing the problem(s).

What is the website ?
What is not always working ?
Does it happen in different browsers or just in one ?
When removing avast, did you use avastclear ?
When removing avast did you removed really everything ? (You have to remove things manually)
What OS/SP ?
etc.